Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1987 Avirex A-2 leather bomber jacket. Worth anything?

Mike R.

New in Town
I found my old 1987 Avirex A-2 leather bomber the other day. Have not thought about it since I put it in storage years ago.

It got me wondering if these old jackets are worth anything.

Can anyone enlighten me on the 80's Avirex bombers?

I'll snap some photos if it might be worth looking into more.

Thanks!

HackerF15E

Familiar Face
Welcome to TFL from a fellow newbie.

They go for $50-$150 on eBay, depending on the buyer and the condition of the jacket. Sometimes they go for more, but it's rare.

I'd like to see a pic of it, though!

442RCT

One of the Regulars
I'm a semi-Avirex Cockpit jacket collector. I pretty much agree with HackerF15E assessment of what Avirex jackets bring. Avirex's were mass produced "mall" jackets, so there are a lot of them out there. Most 'serious' A-2 jacket collectors look down at these jackets.

The Avirex-Cockpit jackets with nose art on the back, in good to excellent condition are more desirable than other Avirex jackets. There's a niche collector's market for these jackets.

There's currently a 1987 Avirex listed one on eBay that's in poor overall shape, (broken zipper pull and 'smells' a little) that the seller is asking a $ 500 start bid and an bin of $ 1000. That jacket imho isn't worth the cost of shipping. If yours is in good to excellent condition and you listed it on eBay, a start price of $ 49.99 would be reasonable.

Mike R.

New in Town
Thanks for the information.

I never thought it was going to be worth anything and in fact, I did pick it up mall shopping way back when. It does not really fit me any longer and if it turned out to be worth the effort, I'd try to sell it.

Thanks again!

Mike R.

New in Town
that is my size i might buy it if you sell it thanks

Sure. It's just sitting up in the closet unused. Let me snap some photos for you so you can see it's condition. I could describe it, but photos would be much better. I will have them up this evening. Once you see the photos you can decide.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike R, are you referring to this gem?
7f649e2ff364881e904433a90fcbeb5a_zps437db4d8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Once in a while you found a cheap vintage Avirex, a brand vintage purist wouldn't touch, but for a comfortable, durable daily wear, a good ebay find deserves getting picked up. This non-existent russet HH B-15 is one of those.

dc6631788b237f429fbcdc9aa188dbd3_zpsaa288375.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW