Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 more Akubras, crease advice please!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
No sun today so it was hard to get decent color but here is a comparison of the colors I have from Akubra. The spots are raindrops.

All are lighter than they actually are, If the sun comes out I will retake and post in the Akubra overload. I also do not have the Tawny Fawn yet.

Front, left to right, Black, EA Mid Brown, HD Mid Brown, Silver Belly.
Back, left to right, HD Taupe Fawn, EA Sorrel Tan, HD Acorn Fawn.
EA's Sorrel and HDs Taupe are exactly the same when seen in person, the acorn fawn has a tint of green compared to them.
Indoors the Mid Brown from EA is much darker than the Mid Brown from hatsdirect. But outside in natural light there is a definite olive that comes through in the EA campdraft!

EDIT: I posted wrong, Hatsdirects federation is called Dark Brown, while EAs much darker,olive tone campdraft is called Mid Brown.
GEDC0280-1.jpg

taupe and sorrel tan
GEDC0283-1.jpg

Taupe, Tawny, and Acorn Fawn,
GEDC0284-1.jpg

And Both Mid Browns, both are much darker but you can see the same name color is definitely different.
GEDC0282-1.jpg

deelovely

Practically Family
indycop said:
I am using it as an experiment to see if I can wear a western then in a few months I will order a custom from Mike, probably full beaver Crossfire Trail clone.
HUH??! What's this I am reading?! :eusa_doh:

Caz

New in Town
The CD looks great...

...and I have mine in a very similar shape but have the brim down all around.

Got a silverbelly one due here any day now to replace my very old and misshapen OR. Not sure yet how that one will end up shaped, but there are no shortage of ideas around here!

On the Boss, the Gus looks very traditional American West-like.

My only suggestion, looking at your face shape, might be to try dropping the center crease in front about a half inch more.

That may be a bit much or not enough, but the hat looks good with that shape. Play with it a bit.

I have a a Bushman with the Gus style shape. Still working on the brim shape, however.

By the way, did I mention I like the Gus shape?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
IC --

First things first -- that's a nice looking lid. I really like that color. Did you try the brim in different styles? I'm wondering what it looks like on you in a curled brim style...

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
GEDC0289-1.jpg

Wow, IC -- heckuva nice job!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That lid looks great on you, and I really like what you did with the brim. Fantastic!

Now that you are an official cowboy, you'll be able to brand cattle -- which, as you know, is accomplished with a very hot metal rod...:D

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
All of them look wonderful IC....I swear that BOTP is the base model for the Bushman....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I also see you joining SASS soon too....

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
YESSIREE! This was one fun thread to read through. Almost glad I came to it late. To see the progression from open crown to what you arrived at there, Indy, was very cool. You're certainly no slouch in the creasing department.

It's no surprise that the Campdraft looks that good on you, but that is just a perfect job on the Boss!! You've found another look that works in spades.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
GEDC0289-1.jpg

Wow, IC -- heckuva nice job!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That lid looks great on you, and I really like what you did with the brim. Fantastic!

Now that you are an official cowboy, you'll be able to brand cattle -- which, as you know, is accomplished with a very hot metal rod...:D

Cheers,
JtL

You guys are killin' me! lol lol lol lol lol

Hey, IC, the Boss looks great and so does the Campdraft. I'll have to study that color for a while before I decide if I need one or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany