Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50's Style Halfbelt

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Worf,
Even you looked like a whale, I don't think any of us would be brave enough to tell you that! That looks like a nice, thick hide.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Not so much a whale as former

Pittsburgh Steeler great Mean Joe Greene. But, I know what you mean, worf. In my mind's eye I'm as trim as Ethan Hawke. The camera says otherwise: Ernest Borgnine on a bad day. Sigh.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Pittsburgh Steeler great Mean Joe Greene. But, I know what you mean, worf. In my mind's eye I'm as trim as Ethan Hawke. The camera says otherwise: Ernest Borgnine on a bad day. Sigh.

SPEW! (there goes another cuppa joe) Classic line... I soooo feel ya. Thanks for the love everyone and the best joke of the day (so far)!

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Gotta add, God as my witness if I can just get on (and NOT fall off) the "Butte Body Beautiful Diet" (that's a compliment by the way ole bean), all my problems would be solved... I'd be swimmin' in Aero's and Good Wears! I'd be a happy man... I'm gettin' there but it's so sloooooow. And the ole lady bakes like a flamin' fool. Oh the humanity....

Worf

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
People often say "nice hat" and I wonder if they mean it is a nice hat (it usually is)
or if it looks good on me (usually questionable). That is a nice jacket and it looks good on you.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket Worf. It's also nice to see another local on here as well!

Wow, talk about close. There's a few of us FLer's round here. We oughtta have a git together... pull out our best wool, or hides and swap stories at some local watering hole some evening. I'm up for anywhere EXCEPT "Dinosaur BBQue" (long story). And everyone, truly, thanks for the love.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
People often say "nice hat" and I wonder if they mean it is a nice hat (it usually is)
or if it looks good on me (usually questionable). That is a nice jacket and it looks good on you.

Thanks for the kind words AND considering the source thanks double. You're right, one never can be sure online. Damning with faint praise I believe it's called. I'll never have a models body but I do like nice coates and jackets. Ah the connumdrum.

Worf

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Wow, talk about close. There's a few of us FLer's round here. We oughtta have a git together... pull out our best wool, or hides and swap stories at some local watering hole some evening. I'm up for anywhere EXCEPT "Dinosaur BBQue" (long story). And everyone, truly, thanks for the love.

Worf
Not to side track the thread, but have you seen this new place opening up on 2nd? Looks like it could be of interest. http://12troyny.wordpress.com

Worf

I'll Lock Up
New Halfbelt Photo''s

Here's a picture of the back and a better shot of the front.

IMG_0957-1.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Worf

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Jest ignore the crusty ole geezer in the jacket! LOL! How many jackets do you have already and what kinds?

Worf

The jacket you have suits you well and looks great.
Right now I am down to two custom jackets from Johnson Leathers. One is a goatskin flight jacket (civil a-2ish with hand warmer pockets) and their version of an a2. I plan to get rid of the later (no eBay for me anymore) somehow. I was never happy with the fit, but their flight jacket (on their website) that I own I do like. My only complaint is that the leather is relatively thin (2.5oz) and doesn't "feel" very tangible, even though it will last for a very long time. I am strongly dabbling with a Lost Worlds Suburban in the 4oz hh but my mind always goes back to the a-2. Another kelso, or barnes historical perhaps.
I also think that the Aeros look great but the waiting time kills me. I check their sale page almost daily and get very tempted by some of them..."let's see Nick, could you make a 25.5" body and 26.3" sleeve work for your 6'2" frame"?....then I collect myself and remind myself that I need a tall size!
It's really endless. Monday it's Barnes, Tuesday it's vanson, weds is lost worlds. Madness.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The jacket you have suits you well and looks great.
Right now I am down to two custom jackets from Johnson Leathers. One is a goatskin flight jacket (civil a-2ish with hand warmer pockets) and their version of an a2. I plan to get rid of the later (no eBay for me anymore) somehow. I was never happy with the fit, but their flight jacket (on their website) that I own I do like. My only complaint is that the leather is relatively thin (2.5oz) and doesn't "feel" very tangible, even though it will last for a very long time. I am strongly dabbling with a Lost Worlds Suburban in the 4oz hh but my mind always goes back to the a-2. Another kelso, or barnes historical perhaps.
I also think that the Aeros look great but the waiting time kills me. I check their sale page almost daily and get very tempted by some of them..."let's see Nick, could you make a 25.5" body and 26.3" sleeve work for your 6'2" frame"?....then I collect myself and remind myself that I need a tall size!
It's really endless. Monday it's Barnes, Tuesday it's vanson, weds is lost worlds. Madness.

By the way , 2.5 oz goat is a historically correct thickness and this hide is stronger and more abrasion resistant than 3 oz horsehide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred