Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

65F is too warm for jackets in February

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
65 degrees F is a nice winter's day here, though by July/August we'll get down to 53 during the day and in the 32-35 range at night. That's prime leather jacket weather for me!

dan_t

Practically Family
I'm with Seb on this.
We're just coming off the hottest summer since records were started some 150+ years ago.
I'm so freaking over summer.
I've been staring at my jackets trying to remember what it was like when it was cool enough to wear them......

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another +1 for Seb. 65F or 18C is when in break out my jackets, otherwise I'd never get to wear them lol

I'm with you too Dan, the cooler weather can't get here fast enough, the crazy thing is apparently they had 5cm of snow at Perisher in the last day or so.....wth is going on?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
When people here tell me they like this ultra-warm February weather (yesterday: 80 F.!), I say, "Yeah, but it's 40 degrees too warm for this time of year. What if that 40 overage carried over into summer? Would you want 130 F. as a normal thing?"

They look at me blankly.

As for me, I've brought a lightweight windbreaker to work today -- we're supposed to see rain this afternoon and evening -- and a felt Knox OR clone. And I'll probably be too hot even with that.

Peacoat

Bartender
Took my dog for a walk in the park today. I wore shorts and a T-shirt; he wore a fur coat. We both overheated. Benzadmiral is right. It needs to be 40 degrees cooler.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
When people here tell me they like this ultra-warm February weather (yesterday: 80 F.!), I say, "Yeah, but it's 40 degrees too warm for this time of year. What if that 40 overage carried over into summer? Would you want 130 F. as a normal thing?"

They look at me blankly.
Yep, my father tells me how he loves warmer Winters, as he's getting on in years and aches from the cold. I always remind him that he won't be too happy when it's Death Valley temperatures all summer long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran