Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 AAF Shoulder decal - Best source for self application?

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
The MASH company sells them on their web site, stay away from the Garcia lot. Wrong decal and water based. The MASH decal is glued on and last a tad longer...I think the MASH decal is also available on ebay they go for about 29.00 the Garcia is 3 bucks kinda tells ya, ya get what ya pay for...

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I used the MASH decal for my Virgil Hilts jacket.

P1030312Medium.jpg
P1030313Medium.jpg

http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3494&hilit=shoulder+decal

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Jag,

turned out nice. How is iot holding up? and..how did you center and level it on the sleeve??? Mine always seem to come off as not level when being worn...

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Jag,

turned out nice. How is iot holding up? and..how did you center and level it on the sleeve??? Mine always seem to come off as not level when being worn...
It is holding up nicely. It has the usual areas of small cracks where the leather flexes. Not peeling off at all.

I made it straight by extending a line down paralleling the epaulet, with the line going straight through the center of the epaulet, down the sleeve, then through the center of the decal, keeping the Army Air Forces script perpindicular to the line. See pics. In reality, the edge of the decal is supposed to be 1 inch from the edge of the seam, and mine is 1 1/2 inches. Not bad though.
P1030521Custom.jpg
P1030524Custom.jpg

Last edited:

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Ok got it. I did mine while on a display stand...your way seems to keep the lines straight. Was it hard keeping the epaulette and sleeve flat? Your photos make it appear they layed flat easy enough.. will try it tonight

thanks
John

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Ok got it. I did mine while on a display stand...your way seems to keep the lines straight. Was it hard keeping the epaulette and sleeve flat? Your photos make it appear they layed flat easy enough.. will try it tonight

thanks
John

Keeping it flat is key. You have to find something to insert into the sleeve, like a small stack of books, to be able to keep things as flat as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael