Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Schott Model: The 603USA Cafecto

Monitor.....love the jacket. Does it fit more like a 141 or a 641 in your opinion? Also, is the HH thicker than Schotts regular HH or does seem the same?

Thank you! I have only tried a 141 once and this CM1 doesn't fit anything like it. I don't think it's much like a 641 either since the latter is basically a sized down 141. The closest I can compare it with is the 60's CR that I have. Very vintage-y fitting. Hourglass shaped, slim fitting. 22" P2P and then you have an instant drop to 18" around the waist. Zero belly room. It is 21" at the hem again, and the shoulders are 17". Size down and I wouldn't be able to wear it.

The CM1 HH is definitely thicker than the HH my 618 was made. Smoother and much less shiny, too. Less character to it as well but I'm hoping that to change. I have been told that the CAF1 line is made from the heaviest hide Schott has, and that Confederate Motorcycles specified the best HH available so... Yeah, it's heavier. It's pretty much the same in thickness as Vanson Model A comp. weight albeit a bit more pliable.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Monitor, that's an amazing jacket right there! Great photos of it too. Hope you enjoy the break-in process...and keep on wearing it to perfection...

Thanks everyone!!

Monitor, that's an amazing jacket right there! Great photos of it too. Hope you enjoy the break-in process...and keep on wearing it to perfection...

If only the break in would go a bit faster. Grain began appearing all over it and it looks even better than new, but so far the only serious creasing began appearing on the sleeves. It's just like breaking in Vanson but then again, it is equally heavy and stiff.

It's interesting how high end makers tend to use the heaviest, smoothest leather for the upper/front sleeve panels, chest panels and back while softer and grainier hide is used for inside arm panels, underarms, side panels, shoulder gussets if present, and collar. I've noticed this in most Vansons and it is especially obvious on this jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner