Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Nice Hot Toddy

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Anyone else a fan?

I don't drink (underage) but recently I got quite sick and was unable to go to a doctor (father being recently unemployed has left the family w/o insurance) So I turned to 'older' remedies, since Tea is my first love, and I needed some relief from my sore throat...A hot toddy it was.

Let me say, when I am of legal drinking age, I'll be indulging in one before bed regularly lol

Mine was nothing fancy, hot tea, sweetener, 2 tablespoons of peach brandy.

I'm sure others on here drink them, how do you prepare yours?
Lemon and Honey? share!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Disclaimer: The Fedora Lounge does not condone underage drinking.[bad]

Won't say the age I started.lol

I usually use two ponies of rye whiskey, add fresh-squeezed juice from 1 lemon, a couple of tablespoons of honey, and boiling water to top it off.

Brad

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^ lol for medicinal purposes only. I don't condone it either, but I figured the drink deserved it's own thread for the adults to converse in.:p

Opas Coat

Familiar Face
Come to the great white north, legal age is 18 in most provinces.

I just came back from a motorcycle ride, its kinda chilly and even colder on the highway regardless of speed :whistling

I will put the kettle on now. Cherry whiskey and JW Red it is for me. :coffee:

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Caity Lynn said:
A hot toddy it was....I'm sure others on here drink them, how do you prepare yours?

My wife and I frequently pull up to the fire with our dogs at our feet after a day's hunting in November with a hot toddy in hand. Hard to imagine anything better. We usually use scotch, but have been known to use rum now and again (it's New-England, after all); we both like things tart, so the juice of one lemon a piece; sugar to taste; and top off with boiing water. Ahhhh....

(Sort of) funny story. I walk 2 and a half miles every week to a session of Irish traditional music in the next little town over. Back in late October, not really over a cold, I set off in a drizzle...which 15 minutes down the road turned into a drenching downpour. It's only 45 minutes to the session...so it seemed I might as well forge on. I arrived soaked, sneezing, and thoroughly chilled through. All I could think about was a hot toddy at the end...the 20-something behind the bar had no idea what I was talking about: "Hoddy?" "Hoddy-doddy?" She, a professional bartender--although not at a chi-chi establishment, for sure--had never even heard of such a drink. I felt rather like the angel in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, in a similar situation. Such are the joys of being old-fashioned and...getting old myself. Now, if I had ordered a slippery nipple, I suppose I wouldn't have had to tell her how to compound it. The toddy was worth the wait, however! :D

"Skeet"

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
I am very much a fan of the hot toddy, it's one of the drinks that I've have spent an afternoon sitting down and trying to "perfect".

A cinnamon stick as a stirrer is a nice touch.

Does anyone have a preference of whisky versus brandy?
I can take it easy way but it's always been whisky for me.

I nice alternative to a home-made Hot Toddy is Pimms Winter and Apple Juice - warmed.

pimms-winter.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24