Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A rebashed Campdraft

RBH

Bartender
After seeing silvereed's new Campdraft I had to re-work mine. Here is some shots after the re-bash. I added 3\4 of an inch to the front of the recrease. I also redid the crown into a diamond style, I like it alot better now.

hpim1740hn0.jpg

hpim1741at9.jpg

hpim1742eh8.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
RBH said:
After seeing silvereed's new Campdraft I had to re-work mine. Here is some shots after the re-bash. I added 3\4 of an inch to the front of the bash. I also redid the crown into a diamond style, I like it alot better now...

You're really loving those diamond crowns now you've got your TVA, huh?

Looks great. :)

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Dean !

Hey fatwoul thanks, you are right. I like this style crown. Maybe you will soon be able to try your hand at a diamond crown. ;)

Scotrace, this color is called Taupe Fawn. I do have a vintage Open Road that is about this color but the crown is way shorter.

just to add the front height is 5 1\8 inches and the rear of the crown is 4 1\8 inchs.

fatwoul

Practically Family
RBH said:
...Hey fatwoul thanks, you are right. I like this style crown. Maybe you will soon be able to try your hand at a diamond crown. ;) ...

And I will probably post pictures of it on my head, like you should be doing here!! :D

fatwoul

Practically Family
RBH said:
I can handle that...

All across the world right now, Indy fans have collapsed and are twitching on the floor. The cause: the wonderful reverse taper on RBH's Campdraft.

Looks good. You look almost as serious as Indycop in that picture. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
All across the world right now, Indy fans have collapsed and are twitching on the floor. The cause: the wonderful reverse taper on RBH's Campdraft.

Looks good. You look almost as serious as Indycop in that picture. ;)
I knew somebody was talkin about me! My ears were burnin!

RBH looks great!! How many different bashes do you have? I know you've got the young indy and at least 2 diamond bashes.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Indycop. I have an Adventurebilt with the Indy bash,tight pinch, turn and all. And of course the YIJ has what I would call a relaxed center dent and side pinch.
My thin ribboned Stratoliner, Marathon, Open Road and Dodds West all have what I would call a c-crown.
My Mike Moore TVA amd now this Campdraft are the only diamond bash fedoras I have.
I really like the looks of the diamond, but I think it works best on a high crowned hat. I would like to see what a Federation looked liked with one.

I have sat on my Federation, but I hesitate to try the diamond on it as I love the looks of my YIJ bash I have in it now.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I was thinking you had a camptown also. I would like to put a diamond in my federation since my camptown will have the indy bash. That will make all three in center dent. If I did change my federation do I have to steam it or just pop it out and put the new one in?

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Looks GREAT, RBH!! I've added the Campdraft to my Christmas Wish List, now how to subtly give my wife the hint...LOL!!!

Hope this isn't a "stupid" question, but I see the word "turned" being used to describe a hat shape.....Anyone able to explain what this means for me?

Thanks!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BJBAmerica said:
Looks GREAT, RBH!! I've added the Campdraft to my Christmas Wish List, now how to subtly give my wife the hint...LOL!!!

Hope this isn't a "stupid" question, but I see the word "turned" being used to describe a hat shape.....Anyone able to explain what this means for me?

Thanks!
I believe you take an indy fedora, put it on and turn it slightly until the brim has that warped indy shape. Then you bash it based on the new front. If you could see the little bow inside the hat it would not be at the direct back of your head. It would be offcenter.

Duck

Practically Family
RBH, that looks great!!!! As usual, you did a fantastic job on the bash.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Could you post a pic of the top of the crown? I thank you.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks super

It is nice to have enough crown to work with to give it a nice, tight pinch & a diamond bash! I think both of those mods tend to put more 'torque' on the brim & facilitate that dramatic swoop. Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot