Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A remake from Art

carter

I'll Lock Up
How does he do it?

SWEET LID! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The man is a magician. :D

Congratulations Aquia33 and Mr. Fawcett!

KObalto

One of the Regulars
I love it!

Excuse my impertinence, but I am trying to learn and have a hat on order from Art. Would you mind sharing the brim width, crown height, and taper with me? Thanks, I really love your hat and want something the same general size, I think.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the post Aquia, I'm glad you like what I did.
Kobalto, what we started with was a Stetson western with 6" crown & 3 1/2" brim ( if I remember right). I couldn't lower the crown without stitching showing in the brim so it stayed the same, but cut the brim down to 2 1/2" , bound the edge with 9 ligne, and used a tall crown ribbon to keep the proportions right. It came with a cattlemans crease so reblocking & cleaning were in order to get rid of the wear lines and reduce the taper.

Prairie Shade, I only do reno's for existing custom clients with the caveat that they have patience. This one took me in the neighborhood of 6 months to get to. Thanks for waiting Aquia

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Art

So it's a regular C-crease then? I think I know exactly what to ask you for now (give or take a little artistic license). I've learned so much on this board. Thank you all.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Totally gnarly

Well that is some kind of purdy!! I've done business with several vendors here, but have not yet had the pleasure of having a VS. Art I look forward to the day that I can "give you the business".

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
JBS branding iron

bolthead said:
What kinda pin is in it?
That is a JBS (John B Stetson) branding iron. It was on the hat along with the feather as a cowboy version and I am keeping both on the hat. However I have repositioned the feather to be entirely behind the ribbon and not obstructing the fantastic Fawcett signature bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner