Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A sad tale of thievery and woe!

One of the vendors on Ebay had a spot of bad luck with a shipment about 2 weeks ago. I had won an Open Road Stetson in that tan color and waited about 10 days for it to show up, but no hat. I contacted Bud at bapco, he sends his antiques under that name, as his ebay store. Bud had already started checking it out. He came back and said that he had gotten a couple of emails the same day from people that had ordered stuff that went out the same day as my hat.

Checking with the Post office indicated that they had not picked up any items from his drop off point. The conclusion was his complete shipment of about ten boxes had been stolen before the USPS truck could pick up the lot. Bud made a refund with in about an hour, that very day! I was glad Bud took care of the problem so quickly, he was a gentleman thru out and explained what had happened. I am still bummed at losing the Open Road though and at Bud's bad luck. He has looked at improving his security for those shipped items so not to have a repeat incident.

A tale of woe, indeed!

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
My sympathies to you and the seller! I really hate having stuff stolen from me, even if it is something I would freely give if just asked.

I also couldn't help but wonder if there were any hats traveling via UPS on the plane that had the cargo hold fire the other day. I was awaiting delivery of a vintage Stetson Whippet in my large size and was gratified that it was coming by way of USPS.

BTW, the Whippet arrived today. It's in pretty good shape overall, with some ribbon staining and the usual grunge from never being brushed. Nothing that some tlc can't remedy, plus, it really fits me well!

Keep trying on the OR; really nice ones keep appearing on eBay fairly regularly.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
John,
I've had a couple hats that took around twenty days to arrive after the purchase via paypal was completed. When I contacted the seller(s) they indicated that I paid for a 10 day delivery and I should have received it, but when I contacted the USPS they said they wouldn't even take note of the situation until 21 days had passed. Once 21 days passes then they start to consider the item lost. as it turned out the boxes (hats) showed up right about that time frame.
I always have a certain amount of worry that what you experienced is going to happen to me... so far so good though.
:cheers1: here's to hopin' that was your first and last experience like that!
Now some numbskull walking around with a vintage OR and they probably have no appreciation for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran