Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 jacket related-ish

mikepara

Practically Family
I've an Eastman A2 (cannot remember what leather its made of!):eusa_doh:
What I'm after is a goodluck souvenir bell to hang from it. I would like a bullet / bomb shaped one. An original would be nice.

*Any ideas where from?

*The only (replica) one on the bay seems way to large at 2.5cm and too bell shaped.:D

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SITREP on Capri Bell

Hi Mike. Roberto (who is Italy based) has found an original source of Capri Bells (large and small type) that aircrew on R&R on the island during WWII would buy and hang off their A-2 throat hooks as good luck charms (I'm sure you know all this and I'm not meaning to teach you to such eggs!! ;)

Anyway, look in the WW2 Reference Library (1), at the top of our WW2 room and list down until you find Roberto. I have one of them and they are really, really good!!

I'd shoot you up the link but am dashing out here at 8am for a yomp in the hills with the dogs!! gotta be done.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Back from TABBING/YOMPING...Capri Bell SITREP.

italianpatchmaker@hotmail.com

Just had a word with Roberto in Italy. He does the best bells this side of Napoi!!
Tell him Don Paddy sent you!!

As for my TAB (Tactical Advance to Battle), well, it was more like dodge the adders, as the last thing I need is a snake bite to the dog.

Hope that all helps Mike and anyone else out there!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Don't even think about these as Capri Bells!

Marv said:

Please gents, do yourselves a favour and just leave those crushed bits of Indian brass alone. They neither look like or are Capri Bells.

Marv, I know as soon as you saw these your heart was in the right place when you flagged them up. But they don't come near the real WWII item. Roberto's do!!

If Roberto's didn't come anywhere near the mark, then I just wouldn't insult you good chaps by even mentioning them. Please trust me on this one, as I am the first who wants each and every one of you guys to look the Dogs B*llocks when you step out in your finest A-2 attire!!! You're my boys and I want you to look damn sharp out there, (no compromise)!

The cream always comes to the surface guys, those that look like sacks, will sink like sacks...so let's do this right.
(see pics below):
CapriBellsbyRoberto2.jpg

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Those bells in the pic are cool. I think he mentioned the small ones were up for grabs as I would like to get hold of the larger one.

Paddy is right, those brass ones are dog rough! I could turn something out better with a thimble, plug chain and soldering iron !!!:eek: !

Marv

A-List Customer
hey no sweat Paddy, just came across them on ebay so I thought I'd stick up the link......still a bit of a novice when it comes to the smaller details etc.:)

mikepara

Practically Family
Coming up trumps..

I can't get over how helpful you guys are. I really landed on my feet this time.

Paddy, I name checked you when I sent my mail winging it's way to Roberto hopefully I wasn't too slow. Many thanks.

Pablocham, thanks for the heads up with the Vintage Leather jackets link. I wasn't a member when I read it... cheers.

Marv, those were the ones I diplomaticly said were too large and bell shaped, should have been more plain speaking and just said they were sh..oddy... ;)

falcodriver

New in Town
I have personally dealt with Roberto on many items, and I can tell you straight up they don't get any better ......First class guy all the way!

Hacker

Baggers

Practically Family
Ditto

I bought both sizes from Roberto. The bells look great, and he was a pleasure to deal with. He has my highest recommendation.

Cheers! (or should that be Ciao?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred