Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Absinthe again legal

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
That's fantastic. I've only had it a couple times, but I do like it. I love anise. It's avaliable here, just dang expensive.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
M. Twitch,

Did they actually, officially change the law? They've been looking the other way for a number of years now, but it was still a grey area when last I heard.

I think I enjoy the ritual more than the taste - the effect didn't hit me until the next morning, and then I felt as though someone was running me by remote control for the next three days. Very peculiar. I'm going to give it another go in Paris, though. They found a big ol' cache of pre-ban vintage last year, and a lot of it is still floating around...

T.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Samsa said:
WHERE CAN I FIND SOME?

A problem with Michigan is getting stuff shipped in if there isn't an in-state distributor. I had a heck of a time getting some things when I was living in Marquette. Maybe there are fewer problems Below the Bridge.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I must admit I quite like the odd absinthe, but unfortunately I feel like an absolute train wreck the next day. Haven't seen it so far here in Norway.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
They are passing them on a case by case basis IF they are low enough. The law didn't change exactly. I like Kubler ok, never cared for Lucid, JMO.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Isn't this the stuff that contains distilled Wormwood?
Didn't this stuff rot the brains of the impressionist painters and was outlawed in all civilized countries?
Bob

S

Samsa

cooncatbob said:
Isn't this the stuff that contains distilled Wormwood?
Didn't this stuff rot the brains of the impressionist painters and was outlawed in all civilized countries?
Bob

Other members can better answer your questions, but from what I've read the stories about "rotting brains" is largely a myth.

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
cooncatbob said:
Bob

An excess of it did, along with sketchy food, poisonous paints, dirty streets, poor medical care, depression, venereal disease, and stress. Thank god civilization got rid of the real threat! ;)

Ordering a Big Mac and a Straight Whiskey,

T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo