Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on Aero jacket

Harris HTM

One Too Many
You guys who have tried a few Aeros, what is your opinion on bi-swing/action back?

I've been thinking more about this and it seems that it can be done, but how big is the difference on a tight jacket like the 30's pattern Wayfarer? I'm talking about how the sleeves ride up the arms when they're raised forward or to the side.

Don't enjoy when the cuffs end up somewhere around the elbows ;)

I never had an aero with bi-swing back. My schott perfecto's though have this and I find it useful, especially while driving my car. On the other hand none of my aero's fit that tight on the back/chest as my schott's. There seems to be more room there.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You guys who have tried a few Aeros, what is your opinion on bi-swing/action back?

I've been thinking more about this and it seems that it can be done, but how big is the difference on a tight jacket like the 30's pattern Wayfarer? I'm talking about how the sleeves ride up the arms when they're raised forward or to the side.

Don't enjoy when the cuffs end up somewhere around the elbows ;)
I have a bi-swing/action back on my Teamster and my Bootlegger, both jackets are CXL FQHH. This feature definitely makes for a more comfortable fit through the shoulders when one is reaching forward, such as driving or lifting something. The sleeves still creep up the wrist a bit when my arms are fully extended in front of me or out to the side, but not all the way to the elbows!
I think an action back is a nice feature on a tighter jacket because it's more comfortable to move around in.

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
Well then, it seems that people like Bi-swing backs :)

I've asked Aero what they think about it now!

Just wanted to know what you guys thought about it, so I didn't start to ask Aero about lots of stuff that I won't want in the end anyway...

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
Other than that, I'm more and more leaning towards a Wayfarer in regular brown FQHH and Harris tweed lining. Can't help it but I like the front of it!

Just the little details left :)

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
The other day I got my measurements taken by a pro and now I'm getting ready to order my Wayfarer :) Still discussing the last details with Aero.

Wishlist so far:

Wayfarer in brown FQHH
Size 42 with +1" on back and sleeves.
Bi-swing back
Harris lining

Am I forgetting anything?

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
It'll be brass, thought I'd go with the standard zipper. Any different thoughts?

Another question, on Aeros pictures it looks like the zipper ends about 2" from the bottom. Is there any reason for that?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
It'll be brass, thought I'd go with the standard zipper. Any different thoughts?

Another question, on Aeros pictures it looks like the zipper ends about 2" from the bottom. Is there any reason for that?

I think it gives you some extra room when you sit and your belly expands.
I would personally go with antique brass.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
No inner pockets, never use them on the jackets that have them.

Ok! Makes sense.

I'm more for letting things antique themselves, but it might look too shiny for a good while? Do you think the antique finish looks real?

yes, it looks absolutely real. Personally I would avoid a new one, I think it would be indeed too shiny, but it's your jacket, don't compromise!

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
Ok then, my experiences with antiqued brass aren't so good. But mostly that's been with a different price tag... I can imagine that Aero uses the best there is. Have to give that a second thought!

But I don't mind shiny brass either, but it might be too much of course.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It doesn't really dull down much, tbh. But I also wouldn't say that it's OTT, but it is definitely a different look from the low-key look of the antique brass.

Rickard_H

Familiar Face
It's difficult for me to imagine a new jacket with antiqued brass. Even if it actually looks naturally aged, the jacket will feel and look new for quite a while. Matching that with something that on purpose looks old kind of spoils it in my mind...

Let new be new and old be old :)

Harris HTM

One Too Many
It's difficult for me to imagine a new jacket with antiqued brass. Even if it actually looks naturally aged, the jacket will feel and look new for quite a while. Matching that with something that on purpose looks old kind of spoils it in my mind...

Let new be new and old be old :)

This how antique brass looks on brown FQHH, a bit older than one year, I hope it helps!

20170422_184553.jpg 20170422_184444.jpg 20170422_184528.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred