Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer

Solo

Familiar Face
Hi,everyone! I’m new here and recently discovered the world of Aero jackets. I decided to order a board racer after looking at many fit pictures here. I am attaching a few photos of my fit jacket and am seeking some advice on the overall fit. It fits like a glove, but am wondering if I should go up one size. This is 36 with 25” length and sleeve. 20” pit to pit and 18” hem width. My chest is 37-38 and this 36 is a snug fit. High arm hole digs into my armpit slightly but heard they stretch out a little after some wear. The sleeve seems a little long for a non rider, but heard it will crease to about 0.5” shorter.

Not much layering room but don’t plan to layer much. Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• C473AB70-4F93-4FE9-88C6-81EDB6B813CC.jpeg
    C473AB70-4F93-4FE9-88C6-81EDB6B813CC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,663
  • AF1C0993-C8D7-4D4C-AEA7-5711CDE42C01.jpeg
    AF1C0993-C8D7-4D4C-AEA7-5711CDE42C01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 978
  • BDBD4602-05AE-41D5-A6C6-62A5838E2687.jpeg
    BDBD4602-05AE-41D5-A6C6-62A5838E2687.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,012
  • E84100BF-532A-4C65-BF46-9634E8082E21.jpeg
    E84100BF-532A-4C65-BF46-9634E8082E21.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,064

Solo

Familiar Face
That looks great. Not sure I would change a thing. Why not just keep that one?

Leaning toward keeping it. Trying to see if I can improve anything by going custom. It will cost extra couple hundred. Was set on black but the dark seal has a lot of character and is really growing on me. Any thoughts on black vs dark seal? Thinking this color might be a little easier to coordinate. Looks black here but in reality more like dark brown.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd hang on to that one. Great fit and for what it's worth, I've always felt that seal is more characterful and wears better than black.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Solo, welcome to the board!)
About BR on your photos - look at your photo from the back please, it looks like you already have some extra room at your shoulders/armpits/back area, it's definitely visible on your photo from the back, isn't it?
BR should fit snug everywhere around the body, that's how this pattern goes - that's why there's no need to go up to even half-size neither a whole size up in your case.
According to your photos - if your jacket even shrink a little bit with the time being (I mean usual rains/sun weather cycles during casual wearing the jacket) - it's going to fit you nice still.
My humble opinion - just keep it and wear it with pleasure, it fits you well.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
welcome,
That jacket looks great to me! The only thing i would potentially change is sleeve length.
I prefer short sleeves and would probably remove 1/2" or 1" but that's a personal decision, different people like different sleeve length.
Everything else fits perfectly, i wouldn't size up .

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'd keep that as is, unless there were features that you wanted, like different pocket configuration or lining. Fit appears to be excellent.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi,everyone! I’m new here and recently discovered the world of Aero jackets. I decided to order a board racer after looking at many fit pictures here. I am attaching a few photos of my fit jacket and am seeking some advice on the overall fit. It fits like a glove, but am wondering if I should go up one size. This is 36 with 25” length and sleeve. 20” pit to pit and 18” hem width. My chest is 37-38 and this 36 is a snug fit. High arm hole digs into my armpit slightly but heard they stretch out a little after some wear. The sleeve seems a little long for a non rider, but heard it will crease to about 0.5” shorter.

Can you even get a better fit????

sweetfights

Solo, welcome to the board!)
About BR on your photos - look at your photo from the back please, it looks like you already have some extra room at your shoulders/armpits/back area, it's definitely visible on your photo from the back, isn't it?
BR should fit snug everywhere around the body, that's how this pattern goes - that's why there's no need to go up to even half-size neither a whole size up in your case.
According to your photos - if your jacket even shrink a little bit with the time being (I mean usual rains/sun weather cycles during casual wearing the jacket) - it's going to fit you nice still.
My humble opinion - just keep it and wear it with pleasure, it fits you well.

Agreed!!

Solo

Familiar Face
I appreciate everyone's warm welcome and insight. It helps me to decide whether to hold on to this one or go custom. It seems like even for the custom route with 0.5" variance, there is no guarantee that the fit will come out perfect. I am not used to wearing my clothes so fitted, but the more I wear, the more I think this is how leathers should be worn. Quite a learning experience. I have a couple of 38-40 Cafe Racers (one vintage and one J-Crew Stockton) and now I cannot even imagine wearing those as they look like a sack suit over me.
I see a few more Aeros in different styles and skin in the future. This has been a fun endeavor. This place is certainly for OCD stricken perfectionists like myself. :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would be disinclined to change anything about that BR, including color or sleeves. Should you proceed with a "custom" you might find what you receive several weeks from now might be less acceptable than what you now have in hand.

IMO the dark seal would be easier to coordinate with shirts, trousers, and shoes than black would, at least that is my personal experience. My sample of Vicenza dark seal does appear black until placed alongside a black Vicenza sample. BTW welcome to the lounge. No doubt your next step will to plan your black (or russet) Vicenza Sheene to complement your Board Racer. :D

roadking04

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge. You have the frame/build to pull that jacket off flawlessly. It fits you perfectly. That jacket fits as it should. You don't want that jacket to fit like a highwayman. Leave the "boxy" cuts to us "beer drinkers".

Bobby Peru

One of the Regulars
welcome,
That jacket looks great to me! The only thing i would potentially change is sleeve length.
I prefer short sleeves and would probably remove 1/2" or 1" but that's a personal decision, different people like different sleeve length.
Everything else fits perfectly, i wouldn't size up .
Agreed. I think the jacket fits fine, but not taking into account personal preference on the sleeve length. If you prefer shorter sleeves, you do have some room to shorten them.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Thoughts....
I’d keep that...and wear the hell out of it!!
Welcome to the lounge Solo...you are not alone!!
B

ProteinNerd

With regards to the sleeve length, you’re wearing the sleeves unzipped in all the pics.

Wearing them zipped all the time will effectively “shorten” them as they will stop at the point where you wrist and hand meet and over time this will encourage the sleeve wrinkles and will probably shorten them a touch anyway.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That fits ridiculously well and as others have said, better than most custom fits. The sleeves are only a tiny bit long for my taste, but that's very personal and even so, I think you should keep it. A custom fit may fit worse than that one does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24