Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero color?

Doublegun

Practically Family
Since you have time why not contact Holly and ask her to send you samples? Amanda did that for me and it was very helpful.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Bleeding cordovan and tartan lining

My cordovan jackets from Aero, steer or horse, have not bled at all. Just to add more data to the mix.

And, Sloan1874, I wish I'd had your information about linings:
I recommend grant weathered. If you search for sloan and LHB, you'll see some shots of it. The benefit is that it's only £25 extra, rather than the full £50 for a non-standard lining.
before I ordered my newest Aero jacket. I asked for Isle of Skye tartan lining, and, final construction of the jacket has been delayed while more of that tartan was made and shipped. The jacket was due about three weeks ago, so the delay has not been lengthy, but, I'd have gladly picked a more conventional liner if I'd known what impatient pacing I was setting myself up for :eusa_doh:

The jacket is a 30's half-belt in seal goatskin. I tried this same model jacket on at Insurrection last August, and ordered mine in early September. Pacing, pacing, pacing--we know the drill. :)

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
My bootlegger is antique brown. I'm the second owner, the first bought it and didn't bother to wear it. The color is just what I could have hoped for, nicely varied but not beaten down (yet.) By the way, I was having a problem with the zipper and contacted Holly. She arranged to have another sent so that my local leather shop can install it. I couldn't have asked for a nicer exchange, and they have another customer for life.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have sent her an email. Will wait to see if she responds

Holly should respond but might be several days before she does because of overwhelming numbers of e-mails that she is currently receiving.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The jacket is a 30's half-belt in seal goatskin. I tried this same model jacket on at Insurrection last August, and ordered mine in early September. Pacing, pacing, pacing--we know the drill. :)

Sounds a fantastic combo - Isle of Skye's a lovely tartan and will go great with the seal. Given the long lead-in for sheepskins, I may have to pull the trigger already and start wearing a path in my living room rug again. Damn, these things are addictive. :D

tonypaj

Practically Family
My cordovan jackets from Aero, steer or horse, have not bled at all. Just to add more data to the mix.

And, Sloan1874, I wish I'd had your information about linings:

before I ordered my newest Aero jacket. I asked for Isle of Skye tartan lining, and, final construction of the jacket has been delayed while more of that tartan was made and shipped. The jacket was due about three weeks ago, so the delay has not been lengthy, but, I'd have gladly picked a more conventional liner if I'd known what impatient pacing I was setting myself up for :eusa_doh:

I've had Cherry, Cordovan, Black, Brown, Antique Brown, all of them FQHH from Aero, all bled or still do. Tumbled Brown seems OK. I have also a jacket from the 50s, not Aero, that still bleeds. My goat G-1 from early 50s does not bleed, no problems at all with A-2s from Aero, nor with thinner horse hide other jackets, neither with a B-3 (well, there's just lamb there...).

Overall, bleeding is not a worry to me at all. I just wear these things. With stains, if it happens to be that way.

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
I've had Cherry, Cordovan, Black, Brown, Antique Brown, all of them FQHH from Aero, all bled or still do. Tumbled Brown seems OK. I have also a jacket from the 50s, not Aero, that still bleeds. My goat G-1 from early 50s does not bleed, no problems at all with A-2s from Aero, nor with thinner horse hide other jackets, neither with a B-3 (well, there's just lamb there...).

Overall, bleeding is not a worry to me at all. I just wear these things. With stains, if it happens to be that way.

Interesting post, this sounds as if the problem has more to do with body chemistry than with Aero's jackets. Not a slam on you tonypaj (or anyone else who has experienced similar issues). Similarities exist in the world of guitars. Some people can play a guitar for less than an hour and the steel strings wind up sounding dull with no life left in them. Same brand/type of strings might last a different person a month or more before they get to that point. For the most part, things like this are out of each person's control

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
Perspiration is a given for us all, some more than others of course. In guitar circles, it seems that difference has to do with some folks perspiration being more acidic than others. It's not even something that many think about when playing, but even minor amounts of perspiration along with the oils in our skin can have a more dramatic effect than we might otherwise think.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Perspiration is a given for us all, some more than others of course. In guitar circles, it seems that difference has to do with some folks perspiration being more acidic than others. It's not even something that many think about when playing, but even minor amounts of perspiration along with the oils in our skin can have a more dramatic effect than we might otherwise think.

There are even quite a few freaks out there who have a DNA glitch which means their sweat doesn't smell! :eeek:

tonypaj

Practically Family
Very interesting, my son is planning to study guitar, and music in general, at the university. If he does not get in, I'll blame the DNA and perspiration :) Acidity is an interesting theory, though. A bit far fetched with jackets, I sweat less than most, but I do have reflux. Hmmm...

sal

One of the Regulars
Holly should respond but might be several days before she does because of overwhelming numbers of e-mails that she is currently receiving.

It seems another question I need to ask is where you indicate changes for the item you are ordering?
I can't find anything that allows me to write comments. Unless it is after you register an account, right before checkout.
I don't want much in the way of customization, the only thing I would like to add are a couple of interior pockets.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
It seems another question I need to ask is where you indicate changes for the item you are ordering?
I can't find anything that allows me to write comments. Unless it is after you register an account, right before checkout.
I don't want much in the way of customization, the only thing I would like to add are a couple of interior pockets.

It's on the checkout page. You just add the pockets or other custom items from those available on the main page at the bottom.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy