Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale – who's going?

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Just a heads up to the faithful - we're having a few issues with our somewhat limited website, the stock level system seems to have some kind of bug which we're trying to get fixed, which has allowed a couple of jackets to be ordered twice. Very sorry if this happens to anyone, we're working on it right now!

And good news is there's a new and improved website in the work so hopefully these sorts of things will be a problem we don't need to deal with in the future...

Good luck to everyone, and there'll be more mugs coming soon :)

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Just a heads up to the faithful - we're having a few issues with our somewhat limited website, the stock level system seems to have some kind of bug which we're trying to get fixed, which has allowed a couple of jackets to be ordered twice. Very sorry if this happens to anyone, we're working on it right now!

And good news is there's a new and improved website in the work so hopefully these sorts of things will be a problem we don't need to deal with in the future...

Good luck to everyone, and there'll be more mugs coming soon :)

Man, hope I'm not caught in that, just made my first Aero jacket order!

Cocker

Practically Family
Just received a text message saying the SJC has been shipped and should be here... tomorrow?! If that's not efficiency, I don't know what is!

Edward

Bartender
Bet there are some intriguing new styles in the pipeline..Need to save!

Indeed. I'd never wish what the Calders and Aero have been through on anyone, but adversity has done incredible things for Ken's creativity (and others). I think the Aero range is now around double the size of what it was when I first seriously looked at them around 2009.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Wow what a weekend. Went up on the Friday for the big sale the following day, and what a day it was. we could hardly move from opening time to around 2pm when it finally started to slow down, but still the place was chocka!
I think we all saw some great items hanging on those racks, some new designs, a few we were not sure of but seeing that jacket in the flesh made our minds up it was just right for us. But did they still have your size or was it snapped up in the first 10 minutes, I arrived at just gone 10 and already customers were queuing to pay.
Lucky for my wallet I found plenty to fit me but left them on the racks hoping others would buy, most, had vanished later, some lucky customers went home happy. As it was I ordered a pair of boots, the last in cordovan snapped up before my very eyes.
Have to say I met some interesting folks there, not all on the lounge, or were they in disguise haha. And not all vintage wear enthusiast either which shows Aero appeals to all walks of life.
What other company would put on a show like this with a great live band, tea, coffee, beer or soft drinks by the gallon if you wanted and bonus free 'Aero' mugs to take home as souvenirs. The highlight of the savouries was the chilli, two bowls please and can I have the recipe.
All this and jackets at low low prices as a way to say thank you to all their loyal and customers and dedicated staff who stuck with Aero during what could have been a disastrous episode in any small company's life.
So lets all wish Aero well now this is behind them and look to the future.
And as others have said, how about some photo's of what you have bought. Headless or otherwise ;)
J.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Going home on Monday, I stopped off at the Cat and Fiddle in the Peak district. I sure could have done with a Barnstormer up here.
Fog, wind, and rain 20 degrees from the horizontal. And the pub was closed(until further notice).

P8220012_zps6lfhevyh.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Going home on Monday, I stopped off at the Cat and Fiddle in the Peak district. I sure could have done with a Barnstormer up here.
Fog, wind, and rain 20 degrees from the horizontal. And the pub was closed(until further notice).

P8220012_zps6lfhevyh.jpg

Great photo! It's been many years since I stopped at the Cat and Fiddle. I recall it was claimed to be the highest pub in England.

Hope it reopens at some point.

RJR

P8220012_zps6lfhevyh.jpg
A sort of surreal look in the pic.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
It's grim up north! :cool:
Not always though this was exceptionally bad weather for summer.
A few of us Power Rangers were up and about the roads, but the Harley boys stayed at home. I think it may have been a case of their Aero's could have coped with the weather but maybe the riders could not have handled cleaning the bikes later haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran