Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leathers New MC Jacket - Excelsior

So here's a brand new style by Aero, called Excelsior. Really classy stuff. The best collar / lapels setup I've seen in a long while. Reminds me of 30's German jackets.

The jacket in the pics is done in Jerky HH. Will also feature dead-stock 8” spring loaded Talon zippers. Really cool how they've done the lining to match the body paneling! Dunno, I really, really like it!

Thoughts?

Jerky-Bike-Final-Sample-1.jpg

Jerky-Bike-Final-Sample-4.jpg

Jerky-Bike-Final-Sample-3.jpg

Jerky-Bike-Final-Sample-2.jpg

Jerky-Bike-Final-Sample-6.jpg

Jerky-Bike-Sample-LIning.jpg

I like that they’re trying something new. Really like the stitching on the collar, and it’s shape. You’re right that it looks very German. I”m not sure if it combines with the American details so well...The “ciggy” pocket looks a bit clunky...I’d go without, and just have the massive D. Or maybe it needs more zippers, and no belt.
The Battered tan Ken D-pocket was different, right?
912FA385-EE15-4C10-8A2F-FCACDA362BA0.jpeg
I’d like to see something like a super pared down cycle champ.
C83371C4-F52F-4A91-8504-467CA14184CF.jpeg

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s a beautiful jacket!
Not usually a fan of belts on my jackets but I could see making an exception for that one.

Mich486

One Too Many
I like the underlying idea but... I cannot help to think about the Himel Avro and how much nicer that is. I know different price points but still.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Maybe it's just me being too obsessive, but the vertical seams on either side of the back slit bother me.
They are too far from the edge of the leather and look wrong compared to the rest of the jacket.
I am also not a fan of the fact that the belt is attached to the front panel seam. IMO that makes it more or less useless.
I would much rather it was attached to the rear panel and functional.

Here is a similar back, with even seam thickness on the sides and center seams, IMO it looks much better:

6aqeEd1.jpg

I agree with @Mich486, it reminds me a lot of a less refined Avro

breezer

Practically Family
big fan of Aero but the chances of anybody being able to rock this look in the real world are close to zero........less is more.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Mixed feelings too. I like the back and I like the german lapels. But the halfback on the back combined with the sewn on belt on the front just doesn't add up for me. I also don't like the pocket set up. The handwarmer pocket on the right is too high to ever get my hand into without breaking my arm and that cigarette pocket looks so clunky with this huge and angular flap.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Kind of not really my style. Seems quite busy yet "simple"? Perhaps more in the stiching itself, maybe partially the hide it's cut out of adds to the appearance of a bit busy in an odd way. The collar/lapels and the stiching on them seems a little odd, and the back simply has a lot of panels.

Not trying to be negative here just not one I'll be queing up for an order anytime soon.

The action back part looks great to me but I can see what you guys mean about a half-belt and the belt. Maybe just one panel with an upward yoke would look better, with the belt extending directly from it? That would pretty much eliminate the comparison with Himel's Avro, which is a nice jacket, yeah.

I'd leave the action back as it is, though. Really like it that way.

Mandarin

Practically Family
The action back part looks great to me but I can see what you guys mean about a half-belt and the belt. Maybe just one panel with an upward yoke would look better, with the belt extending directly from it? That would pretty much eliminate the comparison with Himel's Avro, which is a nice jacket, yeah.

I'd leave the action back as it is, though. Really like it that way.

What looks like a half belt on the back is not on the same level as the belt in front. It looks like 2 sides of 2 different jackets.
It's a mismatch. A case of "more is too much".

Last edited:
I like it quite a bit. Mitch beat me to it but the back Is just like the old Herc’s. I’m not a fan of fixed belts in general but I do like this config.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot