Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero sale annoucement

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1686662408937.png

TartuWolf

Practically Family
40th anniversary Aero Leather sale started a few hours ago.
"the biggest sale event we’ve ever had on our entire range of products* has just begun"
25% off stock.
15% off custom.
Got info via phone that the discounts/sale should last until the end of this month. Plenty of time to think it through and make an order.
Best chance to get an Aero jacket ever? (Apart from US people who probably get stuff via Thurston anyway)
What are you getting?

Last edited:

MrProper

do they do similar sales as well around end of year?
They never did. I think the sale serves to make good use of the weaker months. This is not likely to be the case at the end of the year.
Besides, too much and too often a sale messes up the business outside the sale, because then everyone is waiting for it.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I'm thinking J-106 + belt and Epaulettes removed + IR style shoulder gussets instead of full action back + KOTR style kidney panel.
Or a Hooch Hauler.
Moonshiner is also kind of calling me..
Will start a new email conversation with Aero, explain my wishes desires, get some feedback of what is possible and what would work best. Taking fit as a starting point and deciding the more specific model based on that.

Aloysius

I'm thinking J-106 + belt and Epaulettes removed + IR style shoulder gussets instead of full action back + KOTR style kidney panel.
Or a Hooch Hauler.
Moonshiner is also kind of calling me..
Will start a new email conversation with Aero, explain my wishes desires, get some feedback of what is possible and what would work best. Taking fit as a starting point and deciding the more specific model based on that.

I know a lot of people do it but I find the J-106/Buco design loses something in the empty space when there is no belt there. I would recommend just getting the loops, even if not the belt. I like epaulettes but they don’t have quite the same effect.

As for the shoulder gussets, I think they’re a good pairing with the ‘slim J-106’ due to its armholes; I am not sure how well they’d function on the standard pattern that’s designed for the full action back–though on that note I’d say I think the KOTR Kidney panel only really works with a full action back.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Thanks for the feedback @Aloysius

Belt loops seem rather redundant if a belt is never used, but I see what you mean in terms of creating empty space if they are missing.

I'd be willing to try the KOTR style full action back + kidney panel as well.
I just find the shoulder gussets more pleasing aesthetically.

Also the KOTR acronym reminds me of KOTOR, which pleases the geek in me (Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic).

Aloysius

Thanks for the feedback @Aloysius

Belt loops seem rather redundant if a belt is never used, but I see what you mean in terms of creating empty space if they are missing.

I'd be willing to try the KOTR style full action back + kidney panel as well.
I just find the shoulder gussets more pleasing aesthetically.

Also the KOTR acronym reminds me of KOTOR, which pleases the geek in me (Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic).

Yes I used to feel the same way about unused belt loops, but when you think of them as basically visual accents to balance (and, of course, if you ever wished to you could attach a real belt–rather than a jacket cloth belt–upon which you could actually hang things as policemen or outdoorsmen do) it makes more sense.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean; they actually look like a really nice detail at the shoulder of the jacket, even function aside. I tend to prefer them too for that reason. But the Buco and KOTR kidney panels seem designed to anchor a full action back.

I had the same thought when I first saw the acronym. Perhaps we’ll start calling that jacket the Revan.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
In terms of leather I'm thinking one of these:
CXFQHH: Brown, Cordovan or Natural (what Aero is known for)
Kelpie: Brown or Dark Green (if I chicken out of CXFQHH)

Have not seen enough of Pinnacle to consider it.

Aloysius

In terms of leather I'm thinking one of these:
CXFQHH: Brown, Cordovan or Natural (what Aero is known for)
Kelpie: Brown or Dark Green (if I chicken out of CXFQHH)

Have not seen enough of Pinnacle to consider it.

Given Aero has the best price anywhere on CXL, that makes the most sense for this offer.

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Does Aero have a design which can incorporate shoulder gussets or full bi swing back(other than cafe racer/board racer)

I am interested in the 1930s halfbelt, but I don't think it can be ordered with gussets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy