Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO to use Insurrection's photos to display...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Amanda from Aero contacted us here at Insurrection today to see if Aero could use some of our customer photos--please see http://www.insurrectionvintage.com/customer-and-staff-photos.html to view just a fraction of our archive of customer photos--to display on their website. This will be very good, as a lot of people want to see Aero jackets not just on dress forms, but on actual real people. In large part, that's why The Fedora Lounge is so cool--we get to see real people in real jackets!!! I'm sure Aero will be using some of their own photographs as well.

Here are two examples of what Aero will be using...this is one of our customers named Elvis, a proud owner of both an Insurrection-designed "1930s" Half Belt Aero jacket and an Insurrection-designed Cafe' Racer jacket. Each photo was taken about five minutes after the jackets were taken out of the box! Very cool!

Elvis-1.jpg

Elvis1.jpg

Last edited:

mrc

Familiar Face
Right on guys! Good teamwork always pays off. Aero should use some of the cool Fedora Lounge photos too! I know JanSolo has some very good pictures on here of some incredible Aero jackets.

Dav

One Too Many
Good to hear that.:)
They asked for photos about a month ago on their facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/aeroleatherclothing
About 3/4 of the way down is says.
"Aero Leather Clothing
If anyone wants to submit photos of themselves, or friends in an Aero jacket for our customers gallery that we're going to be putting together, send the pics over to holly@aeroleatherclothing.com"
I couldn't resist sending a few myself.:D

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
"Aero Leather Clothing
If anyone wants to submit photos of themselves, or friends in an Aero jacket for our customers gallery that we're going to be putting together, send the pics over to holly@aeroleatherclothing.com"

Awesome info. Dav! I think it would be great to see more pictures of real people in Aero jackets on the Aero website!!! Peeps, follow the info. Dav gave and send your Aero pictures to Holly at Aero!

mrc

Familiar Face
"Aero Leather Clothing

After looking briefly at Aero's Facebook page, it's clear to me that Aero might need a social media marketing dept. Yet, I don't think they're probably catering to the age / socio-economic demographic that cares much about social media...and that's probably for the best.

Edward

Bartender
FWIW, here in the UK, the social media demographic, I am told, is we Generation X oldies in our thirties, ver kids having deserted it as 'uncool' - at least facebook, etc. Too many old people on it, apparently - or maybe they also discovered you don't get away with as much if you plaster photos of your nights "doing homework" round a mate's house all over facebook when you've friended your parents.... ;-).

I think they probably don't really need masses more publicity, tbh- they seem to be doing well enough without it. I suspect, for example, they get better publicity from 'word of mouth' on various web fora (here especially) than they could buy anywhere. Eastman did always outdo them i terms of website (though Aero are fqast catching up, IMO), but it's hard to beat Aero for customer service. (I've also had great experiences with ELC, they're two very different business models, though).

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
If you're a Vanson owner, you can e-mail your pictures to allad@vansonleathers.com to be placed on the Vanson Customer Page. http://vansonleathers.com/customers/default.htm Even if you aren't a Vanson owner, it's a pretty good place to browse.

Cassidy Heiser's video on the Vanson site above really makes you want to get out, ride, and kick some arse!!! He's sooooo freakin' fast...

mrc, thanks for the Vanson link!

Here's the video for those of you that didn't click through...even if you're not a motorcyclist, check it out, as it's pretty amazing stuff!

[video=youtube;BcuKs_MIMcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuKs_MIMcc&feature=player_embedded#at=12[/video]

Last edited:

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
As a well meaning feedback on your otherwise great customer pics: I'd leave out the celebs, if they haven't really bought the stuff they are wearing from you. It feels kind of fishy to me to show their pics and imply they got it from you, when they probably haven't.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
eClairvaux... I totally agree.. I felt that it cheapened the whole page.

Seawolf and eClairvaux,

Thanks so much for your feedback...we put Moss, Lohan, Swift, etc. up there to try to show girls how leather jackets and cowboy boots can be worn, but I agree with your feedback...changes to site happening now! Thanks guys...this is why I love the Fedora Lounge!

5 minutes later: Changes made...thanks so much for the feedback! I hope the page is better now! Every celeb up there now actually did purchase from us...which is pretty darn cool! We've had a few more celebs as shoppers too, but we didn't get pictures at the time they were shopping and they didn't bother to e-mail us any. Get 'em while they're on the lot!...LOL...so to speak...

Here's the page now!: http://www.insurrectionvintage.com/customer-and-staff-photos.html

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great videos guys! Here's my all time favorite...I've probably watched this video over 100 times...it's at Thunderhill in California...we'll be selling there this coming summer. Everything is in slow motion...cool music...just a fun session with relaxed riding...lots of wheelies...and, man o' man, that Cali sun is to die for! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;4kk3CrJHttw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kk3CrJHttw[/video]

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
^^^It's so bad ass when they ride past the hot pits, with everyone cheering at the end of the video...the stuff I dream of!!!

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Any idea who did the music for the video? Very cool!

The song is by Colin Mutchler...originally the video had a Nine Inch Nails song, but YouTube pulled the song. I like the video much better with this Colin Mutchler song. Yet, I wish I knew the name of the song!

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Destination non-specific

Vimeo is much better. They don't pull the song like YouTube.

Great video Wade and great track.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Destination non-specific

Vimeo is much better. They don't pull the song like YouTube.

Great video Wade and great track.

Thanks for the song's name HandD! I'm going to try to download it from somewhere...that way, I'll always be on track...LOL...no pun intended!!! God, <<<really dumb joke... I agree with you about Vimeo...I like their picture quality better too! BTW, your jacket is done...if you have the time, you should come into the shop this weekend, say "Hi!," chat a bit, and take that beautiful sucka home...I think we fixed it up pretty well for ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot