Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Bluegrass Green Campdraft

My bluegrass green Campdraft arrived this morning. Sam's service is impeccable. Love the hat, too. Bashed it and ready to give it some use.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love my BGCD. It has become my "go to" hat. I wore it to Fort Worth this last weekend doing some sight seeing and catching a Rangers/ Astros game. This is my wife and me outside of a beautiful Art Deco post office down town.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I love my BGCD. It has become my "go to" hat. I wore it to Fort Worth this last weekend doing some sight seeing and catching a Rangers/ Astros game. This is my wife and me outside of a beautiful Art Deco post office down town.

I can see how the BG Campdraft could be your go to hat. It is a fine hat and comfortable even in warmer weather. Nice photo of you and your wife!

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Orangegrad,Your new hat looks great.I ordered mine about the same time as you,so mine should be here soon.Rogera,I like the pic of you and your wife.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I gave in to temptation and ordered one of the bluegrass camp drafts. I've got about 10 days to think of what I tell my wife.

The nice thing about Akubras - if you ever decide to sell one, they go very quickly on the BST forum. And I think the BGCD will be a favorite for some time to come.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Happy Birthday to Me!

So I've had my eye on a CD for a while now and I've just been looking for an excuse to buy one. I've heard great things about them. When my birthday rolled around I pooled the cash and gift cards my family had given me. EA has had my size in bluegrass green. As everybody knows most of their hats are on a 3 month wait, except for the really big lids for keg-heads like me. :D

I ordered a BGCD on July 1st and started reading this thread. Wouldn't you know it, seems like half a dozen loungers ordered extra large BGCD's on the same day. I got a little nervous that I would have to wait 3 months, but guess what?

A short 7 days later...

The anticipation was killing me...so a quick dry bash...

I put some steam to it to set the crease I prefer (center dent.)

And the noggin shot...

This is a great hat. I've worn it for the last 2 days straight. The flash doesn't do the color justice. Birthday money well spent.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cattus that lid looks great. I love mine more and more. The more I wear it the more the crease settles in and I enjoy the hat and that green is unstoppable.

ManofKent I will say that the campdraft usually does run large. My first one never has quite shrunk all the way to fit me right. The green one on the other hand has settled in nicely and is very comfortable. I have been giving it some good sweat-ins here as of late. That recent post of my wife and I had temperatures running about 98 degrees fahrenheit.

Blackthorn I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll see a hat soon and not have to wait very long. I just ordered my first Fed IV. It will be in the US the day after it is ordered but the irony is that it takes longer to travel from LA to Texas than from Australia to LA (of course customs has to hold it for several days as well!)

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, still not here. :eeek:
I ordered mine from EA seven weeks ago (Silverbelly, not Bluegrass Green). Still waiting. :ranger: Of course, their website states it's a "3 month wait", so I probably have another five or six weeks to go before it ships.

I just noticed they have my size in stock in the Bluegrass Green, but they'll probably be sold out before the end of the month (which is the earliest I'd be able to afford one). :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore