Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I ordered mine from EA seven weeks ago (Silverbelly, not Bluegrass Green). Still waiting. :ranger: Of course, their website states it's a "3 month wait", so I probably have another five or six weeks to go before it ships.

I just noticed they have my size in stock in the Bluegrass Green, but they'll probably be sold out before the end of the month (which is the earliest I'd be able to afford one). :eusa_doh:
Thanks Zombie. They sent me an email saying it was in stock and was going out the following day. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm sure it's a Customs delay, but it's irritating. I have never had an Akubra take more than 8 days to get here. Ah well, once it gets here, it'll be here for a LONG time. :)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I knew that if I complained, it'd get here the next day. And it did! Now I see what all the hoopla is all about. I have many Akubras, but I like this one the best of all.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I like the whole hat, the crown height and shape, the brim width, the color, the fit...the whole enchilada. I run right between a 7 3/8 and 1/2, but this fits just like a custom hat. I know that's just a coincidence, but I like it.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
So I've had my eye on a CD for a while now and I've just been looking for an excuse to buy one. I've heard great things about them. When my birthday rolled around I pooled the cash and gift cards my family had given me. EA has had my size in bluegrass green. As everybody knows most of their hats are on a 3 month wait, except for the really big lids for keg-heads like me. :D

I ordered a BGCD on July 1st and started reading this thread. Wouldn't you know it, seems like half a dozen loungers ordered extra large BGCD's on the same day. I got a little nervous that I would have to wait 3 months, but guess what?

A short 7 days later...

The anticipation was killing me...so a quick dry bash...

I put some steam to it to set the crease I prefer (center dent.)

And the noggin shot...

This is a great hat. I've worn it for the last 2 days straight. The flash doesn't do the color justice. Birthday money well spent.

It is quickly becoming one of my favorite hats. Wonderful color. Looks very good on you. Yes, money well spent.

...I'm sure it's a Customs delay...
I know the Customs department(s) have a lot of packages to sort through, but I still don't understand why it takes so long. Years ago I ordered an item from a gent in Brazil; it sat in customs in Miami for two months before they returned it to him with no explanation, and it was broken beyond repair. [huh]

...I run right between a 7 3/8 and 1/2, but this fits just like a custom hat...
May I ask what size you ordered? I'm pretty much a dead-on 7-1/2 (U.S.) so I ordered a size 60, but I keep reading posts about how oversized the Campdraft is and that's got me wondering if I'm waiting three months for a hat that'll be too big for me.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I know the Customs department(s) have a lot of packages to sort through, but I still don't understand why it takes so long. Years ago I ordered an item from a gent in Brazil; it sat in customs in Miami for two months before they returned it to him with no explanation, and it was broken beyond repair. [huh]

May I ask what size you ordered? I'm pretty much a dead-on 7-1/2 (U.S.) so I ordered a size 60, but I keep reading posts about how oversized the Campdraft is and that's got me wondering if I'm waiting three months for a hat that'll be too big for me.
I got a 59, and it fits like a custom, much to my surprise.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. This will be my first Campdraft, so I'm hoping it'll fit the same as my Fed IV does after a little head time.
When I say "much to my surprise," I really mean that. I own a LOT of Akubras, and I have ordered 59s that were perfect, 60s that were perfect, but also 59s that were too small, and 60s that were too big. So I finally came to the strategy of ordering 59 and then putting them on an Art Fawcett band block to stretch them out to my 23 1/4 head. But this one, this CD, fit just like Art had made it especially for me. Good luck with getting a good fit, Zombie. It's just a roll of the dice.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Is there any talk of another Fedora Lounge edition with a smaller brim? I loved by bluegrass green CD but the brim was just too big on me. I felt like I was wearing a cowboy hat and that is not particularly my style.

Is there any talk of another Fedora Lounge edition with a smaller brim? I loved by bluegrass green CD but the brim was just too big on me. I felt like I was wearing a cowboy hat and that is not particularly my style.

Haven't heard of any. You can email Sam at EA & see his thoughts on another run. You can always send one to Optimo or other hatter to cut it down & redo the edge binding.
Rusty has cut down his CD & left it raw edge. I bet if Akubra offered them with 2 3/4" instead of 2 7/8" that 1/8" gone would be enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael