Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

ryan_289

Familiar Face
Ryan there should be a tracking number on that shipping notice. On the right hand side of the notice where it says shipping method, then Austrialian Post with a number underneath. Mine always have a prefer of LK but that may have something to do with routing & not be the same on yours, then a 9 digit number followed by a sulfix of AU.

I punched that number in on the Australian Post website. Unfortunately, the shipping service EA used to ship it does not provide tracking info. Oh well, it will be a nice surprise when get home one afternoon and its on the porch.

ryan_289

Familiar Face
Posted in new hats last night but wanted to add to the Campdraft thread. I got my BGG Campdraft yesterday. It's definitely stiffer than the two Feds I own but I think it will soften up. The felt looks like it has tiny wrinkles where I creased it, not sure if those will go away or not but they aren't noticable. The brim definitely prefers to be snapped up, it does some funny things when I snap it down in the front. This hat is quite a bit larger than my other two but is the same size, I hope it shrinks up. My first attempt at bashing my own hat.
9e9372dab71d1a7a59349a714b17bfb9.jpg
3c6eb452502f2915ca72ae4973ccd6ad.jpg
238a188ee73fce4df6c5aa56c2ca8d4b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Posted in new hats last night but wanted to add to the Campdraft thread. I got my BGG Campdraft yesterday. It's definitely stiffer than the to Feds I own but I think it will soften up. The felt does look like it has tiny wrinkles where I creased it. Not sure if those will go away or not but they aren't noticable. The brim definitely prefers to be snapped up. It does some funny things when I snap it down in the front. This hat is quite a bit larger than my other two but is the same size? I hope it shrinks up. My first attempt at bashing my own hat.

very nicely done Ryan
nice diamond with good depth
good looking pinches with a nice dip at the peak
clean rake
I give it an A+

Mm25

One Too Many
Posted in new hats last night but wanted to add to the Campdraft thread. I got my BGG Campdraft yesterday. It's definitely stiffer than the two Feds I own but I think it will soften up. The felt looks like it has tiny wrinkles where I creased it, not sure if those will go away or not but they aren't noticable. The brim definitely prefers to be snapped up, it does some funny things when I snap it down in the front. This hat is quite a bit larger than my other two but is the same size, I hope it shrinks up. My first attempt at bashing my own hat.

Looks good. My camp draft felts are completely different than my fed.

Heritage Moonstone Campdraft.

I think I have a high crowned head to go with my large hat size & I like to wear my hats level & just off the ear tops. That makes it hard to have deep dents unless the hat is extra tall with a Cattleman crease of something. So I might have to work a bit more setting the dents but overall I am happy with the lines of the hat & the outcome.

9bd3iq.jpg

1j56ix.jpg

2crrfyv.jpg

pu6br.jpg

v3gm0i.jpg

hsp2lc.jpg

2lt68tl.jpg

m7xhsk.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

I think I have a high crowned head to go with my large hat size & I like to wear my hats level & just off the ear tops. That makes it hard to have deep dents unless the hat is extra tall with a Cattleman crease of something. So I might have to work a bit more setting the dents but overall I am happy with the lines of the hat & the outcome.

9bd3iq.jpg

1j56ix.jpg

2crrfyv.jpg

pu6br.jpg

v3gm0i.jpg

hsp2lc.jpg

2lt68tl.jpg

m7xhsk.jpg
fantastic !!

I can honestly say I've never seen a CD creased better

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Great.
I give it an A++
+1

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

9bd3iq.jpg

1j56ix.jpg

2crrfyv.jpg

pu6br.jpg

v3gm0i.jpg

hsp2lc.jpg

2lt68tl.jpg

m7xhsk.jpg
It's beautiful Jack. Is that a scorpion embedded in the felt or just water?

...I got my BGG Campdraft yesterday. It's definitely stiffer than the two Feds I own but I think it will soften up...
My Taupe Fawn Campdraft was ridiculously stiff when I received it. It took a couple of years, but it did get softer.

...The brim definitely prefers to be snapped up, it does some funny things when I snap it down in the front...
Keep working with it, it will eventually get the idea. And if it doesn't, you can use water or steam to convince it to take the shape you want.

...This hat is quite a bit larger than my other two but is the same size, I hope it shrinks up...
"Sizing" at Akubra appears to be more art than science. I have three Fed IVs and three Campdrafts; they're all allegedly the same size, but the Campdrafts feel like they're about half a size smaller than the Feds. *shrug*

The brim definitely prefers to be snapped up, it does some funny things when I snap it down in the front.

Keep working with it, it will eventually get the idea. And if it doesn't, you can use water or steam to convince it to take the shape you want.

My brim snapped back up 3-4 times wearing it around the house that first day. It's all good now, didn't need to steam it to get it to level like I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21