Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's the final product. Pretty much the original shape with slightly deeper side dents lol. I absolutely could not say enough good things about this Bluegrass Green color :D :

MyEntireCollection14.jpg
MyentireCollection13.jpg

Neophyte

gtdean48 said:
Like the crease & color, LOVE the background for this photo!

Thanks. My parents agreed that my dad would get to design the basement of the new house, so it's been turned into a man cave/football party room/home theater lol!

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Got my bluegrass green Campdraft today. It only took 5 days with the 10 day shipping. I had to go with a size 63 since they never got any 62's in, and I'm glad I did. I'm a long oval, and after my size 62 silverbelly shrunk, it got a little snug front to back. Not enough to be really uncomfortable or to leave heavy red marks, but enough where I'm aware of the "pressure" more than I want to be sometimes. I think once the bluegrass shrinks a little, it will fit perfectly. Right now it's just a little loose. I have to say I think this one is a little better made than my silverbelly. They did a much better job with the brim flange.

I didn't feel like spending a lot of time shaping it, I just bashed it similar to my other one, but with a wider pinch and more of a rounded C-crown shape as opposed to the narrower teardrop. I'm not going to spend time trying to get the dome all perfect; I just got the profile I wanted and left it at that. It's still damp, letting it dry now.

bgcampdraft1.jpg

bgcampdraft2.jpg

Neophyte

That's a beauty, Mr. E. It's kind of funny that you, me, and Jimmy all purchased the same hat in a relatively short timespan lol.

I like your bash, and I'm quite jealous of that brim. I haven't hat an Akubra yet (with the exception of the Sydney) that had a decent upturn in the back [huh].

Duper

Practically Family
Looking back a few pages I see some really handsome CDs that have found there way to some very pleased owners. The Bluegrass CD has been my hat du jour for the last few weeks. I like it more everytime I put it on. The CDs do have a nice range of colours so it will be had not to collect them all.

Now if the Aussie dollar would only take a break from its recent climb against the Canuck buck (Canadian dollar) I will stand a chance in my quest.:eusa_doh:

Neophyte

I like the new pic, and the avatar lol.

I'm quite surprised at how well this color works with jeans.

Here's the newly rebashed dome. I still can't get over how amazing this hat feels when it isn't making contact with the top of my noggin!

TheSearchForBluegrassGreen5.jpg

Here it is this morning, in action lol. I finally found a full-length mirror!:

TheSearchForBluegrassGreen7.jpg

Mr. E, I still can't get over how great your hat looks, especially the brim. The brims on all my hats always come wonky, with one side lower than the other. It takes a lot of water and manhandling to even that out lol.

univibe88

One Too Many
Mr E - looking great :eusa_clap

Neo - don't sweat it. The campdraft is one that looks especially good with a devil-may-care look. Ask some of the guys here about my hat dancing, foot stomping bash method. lol

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Mr E Train said:
Ah, daylight. Makes it much easier to take a decent picture with the iPhone camera.

bgcampdraft091910.jpg

This photo shoved me over the edge - I ordered a BGGCD today!

Like I need yet another wide-brim tall-crown thin ribbon....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit