Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
16318906866_afd360ea5b_c.jpg

Took the band off my Snowy River and ended up putting it on my Campdraft. Really like the look of it. I like the thin ribbon, but something about the Snowy River band and the more polite hat gives it a nice personality. Just thought I would share. The Campdrafts have always been so versatile for me.

That's a good looking "Snowy Camp River Draft."

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
16318906866_afd360ea5b_c.jpg

Took the band off my Snowy River and ended up putting it on my Campdraft. Really like the look of it. I like the thin ribbon, but something about the Snowy River band and the more polite hat gives it a nice personality. Just thought I would share. The Campdrafts have always been so versatile for me.

I think that the wider band gives the Campdraft a better ballanced look.

IMG_20140528_131806.jpg

Fed

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
3 month wait for my first CD. It will be in SB. After reading all these accolades I believe it'll be well worth the wait. Thx to everyone for all the info. I did order from Sam at EA and he was a pleasure to do biz with, always assuring me that "everything will be good!" And im now sure it will be.

We'll be waiting for pictures when it comes in! I love seeing new Campdrafts show up...
I'm still on the fence about it, so don't hold your breath. ;) I suppose I'll have to see what the finances look like when they're restocked in my size in March.

Took the band off my Snowy River and ended up putting it on my Campdraft. Really like the look of it...
I like it. I've been looking for a leather or horsehair band for my Taupe Fawn Campdraft, but haven't quite found one yet that said, "You can't live without me."

Aether

One of the Regulars
Just ordered a Silverbelly CD from Hats Direct. I'm still not entirely sure the colour and large brim will work for me, but they look so good in SB that I had to have one!

Just ordered a Silverbelly CD from Hats Direct. I'm still not entirely sure the colour and large brim will work for me, but they look so good in SB that I had to have one!
When I received my Silverbelly Campdraft I wasn't sure the color was right for me either. It took a little time, but it's now the one I reach for when I can't decide which hat to wear. As for the brim width, once you get used to it you'll probably appreciate the protection it offers from sun and rain (and snow, if you encounter that in your part of the U.K.).

Aether

One of the Regulars
Thanks Al. Your photos (amongst others on this thread) were instrumental in my decision to buy it, so I'll tell my wife to blame you when it turns up!
Nick

Aether

One of the Regulars
My Silverbelly CD turned up this morning. First impressions are, what a lovely hat, and a really nice colour too!

It fits really well out of the box so I'm a bit worried it may shrink and be too tight? There's a bit of space on the sides, so if it 'conforms' a bit I suppose it'll be fine.

I'm at work now, but I'll bash it later and get some pictures loaded up tonight.

My Silverbelly CD turned up this morning. First impressions are, what a lovely hat, and a really nice colour too!
The only drawback to Silverbelly that I can think of is that the lighter color tends to show dirt and such more than darker colors, so keeping it "pristine" might require a little more attention and care if that's your goal. Otherwise, I find it to be a rather versatile color that goes pretty well with almost any wardrobe. Nice to hear you're happy with it!

It fits really well out of the box so I'm a bit worried it may shrink and be too tight? There's a bit of space on the sides, so if it 'conforms' a bit I suppose it'll be fine.
That happened with both of my Campdrafts; they were slightly loose when I got them, and after the expected "shrink to fit" period they were a little too snug for my tastes. If that happens to you, you can get a Hat Jack and use it to stretch them out again.

Aether

One of the Regulars
That happened with both of my Campdrafts; they were slightly loose when I got them, and after the expected "shrink to fit" period they were a little too snug for my tastes. If that happens to you, you can get a Hat Jack and use it to stretch them out again.

Thanks 1Mach1, RJR & Al. I really like it. I'm not too bothered about trying to keep it clean, I don't mind a bit of patina!

I think I may have to get a hat jack though - other than a few cheap wool hats this is my first decent hat - from what I read on here I think I may be a long-oval, I've got a gap by my temples and can feel a bit of pressure on the forehead. Does anyone have any tips on how to shape it to long-oval, or should I just wear it and let it 'conform'?

Anyway, a few pics below. And my first attempt at a bash!

Last edited:

cloudatlas

New in Town
Thanks 1Mach1, RJR & Al. I really like it. I'm not too bothered about trying to keep it clean, I don't mind a bit of patina!

I think I may have to get a hat jack though - other than a few cheap wool hats this is my first decent hat - from what I read on here I think I may be a long-oval, I've got a gap by my temples and can feel a bit of pressure on the forehead. Does anyone have any tips on how to shape it to long-oval, or should I just wear it and let it 'conform'?

I really like that Silverbelly on you! I feel that one is in my near future.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Thanks Chaps,

Cloudatlas - the Silverbelly is a really nice colour, go for it!

I should say that before I received the hat I was worrying about the brim size, but when it turned up I had to measure it to see if they'd somehow shipped a hat with a smaller brim - they hadn't of course! I guess the brim width is just right - who'd have thought it!?

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family

Nice looking hat - the crease is well done.

The hat will quickly form to your head without any other action necessary beyond wearing the hat. Buy a form or stretcher - if you feel the need, but wearing it is what is needed most.

Now you need to join the Diamond Authority (Thread here on the Hat Forum) to show off that crease to the rest of the crowd.

Fed

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man I love to see this thread come up, Great Campdraft Aether! Looks good on you and that's a great crease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles