Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Traveller and Akubra Casual photographs

MattJH

One Too Many
I've been attracted to the Akubra Lifestyle line ever since I became familiar with it, particularly because of the allure of their pliofelt: "A softer pliable felt hat designed specifically for the adventurer among us. This hat has a unique memory which allows it to be manipulated back to shape if mistreated." While I'm no adventurer, I'm fantastic at mistreating things. After winning the Traveller off of eBay and liking it so much, I used a leftover $100 AMEX gift card from Christmas towards the Akubra Casual from David Morgan. The AMEX gift card is only valid in the USA, so ordering directly from Australia wasn't an option. Luckily, this afforded me the chance to speak with David Morgan by phone and he's a really, really nice guy.

The hats are great. I have the Traveller in Regency Fawn and the Casual in Carbon Grey. I like them so much, in fact, that my next purchase will probably be the International, the only other hat in the Lifestyle line.

Traveller:

Brim: 3"
Crown: 4 3/8" front, 4 3/4" sides, 4 1/4" rear
Ribbon: Leather braid

Casual:

Brim: 2 3/8"
Crown: 4 1/2"
Ribbon: 1"

The reason I'm posting pictures is because I haven't seen any on here yet, and I figured that if there were others like me who were curious about these hats but haven't purchased one, this would help them decide. All photographs were taken without the flash with the exception of the inside-crown pictures. Pardon the blur in some -- I'm no professional. In fact, I never really take pictures, ever.

MattJH

One Too Many
AKUBRA TRAVELLER

traveller-front.jpg

traveller-side.jpg

traveller-inside.jpg

traveller-on.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
Anything Akubra is good, in my experience.

I think it's safe to say that if I loved my Federation reg. anymore than I already do, I would be bordering on insanity.

Great hats. Bravo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21