Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

Paulgo253

Familiar Face
Thanks for the replies! I think there used to be a stick you could by for zips of some form of wax - not sure if they're still available!

Dav

One Too Many
Someone's uncle Reg, taught to fly by Air Chief Marshal Sir Keith Rodney Park.

12003858_1237235496302043_9030803927653621714_n.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1940 dated wired Links Irvin
Here are some pictures of recent arrival in my collection. It is a 1940 dated wired Irvin, made by Links under the B81864/40/C.I.D contract. It is a size 6 and is exceptionally well preserved. The fleece is soft with all the surface coating in tact. The zips are the single trunnion Dot Made in England variety with their original leather pulls. An unusual feature is the lead seal attached to the collar rings,which is the inspector's stamp. The cut of the jacket is very similar to the 1941 Links jacket which I posted on the forum a few weeks ago.

CBI

One Too Many
Really super Andrew!!! That "little" inspector stamp must almost double the value!!!!!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Another one for the collection and not to sell Andrew ;)

Merry Christmas by the way to you and yours!

Last edited:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Tim, This one is to keep. Very hard to up grade. I could get one with all the wiring loom complete but it would mean it would be unwearable unless with wired trousers! Have a great Christmas too.

Johnf

New in Town
How to make an IRVIN a size or two larger Safely. If Your Irvin is tight across the chest simply try this. Get two Cricket stumps and two bits of wood about 20 inches long. Zip the IRVIN up and place somewhere flat and out of the way. Slide a stump up each side of the jacket. Fit the two bits of wood across the chest putting the jacket under tension. (Dont go mad). Leave for a couple of days and Your IRVIN will be a bigger size. My Jackets are a 46 Chest EASTMAN LATE WAR IRVIN. EASTMAN Horse A2 and the cream of the crop a 46 Chest Aces High Irvin. The EASTMAN is a better quality Jacket but the Aces High is the most authentic.. Any questions get in touch Johnf1960@hotmail.co.uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo