Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

So, I decided to work out my AKH hat. I know its a nice hat, but I also have to work in them. I wore it in the shop this afternoon, and sweated in the thing hard core. After a couple of hours on the rack, it has not shrunk at all. Still fits like a champ. Sorry, Tim. I like it so much, I just had to wear it working on the cars. (I know a GTO man would understand). Again, the best pouncing I have seen, and a workhorse, too! Never had a hat fit like this!

Cindy, you and Daniel will be pleased. Very pleased.

Is it me, or did some recent posts to this thread magically disappear? Inquiring minds.....

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
So, I decided to work out my AKH hat. I know its a nice hat, but I also have to work in them. I wore it in the shop this afternoon, and sweated in the thing hard core. After a couple of hours on the rack, it has not shrunk at all. Still fits like a champ. Sorry, Tim. I like it so much, I just had to wear it working on the cars. (I know a GTO man would understand). Again, the best pouncing I have seen, and a workhorse, too! Never had a hat fit like this!

Is it me, or did some recent posts to this thread magically disappear? Inquiring minds.....
Hello there! It was comments posted in the other thread about if Alley Kat Hats exist...the link was fixed so everything is fine now...and yes some conversation was lost but it is all good now!

Yep...I had could only speak with Tim a brief amount of time on the phone....but Daniel and Tim were telling war stories for about an hour and a half this evening.....haha Heheh!

We know already the hat Tim made is going to be just super!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I was thinking the same thing about missing posts.....

Tim not only does good sheet metal work, he knows how to lure and pounce felt!

Those quarter panels are like 9 feet long. I've been told it looks better than factory. But I did them by hand. No airfile. Very thin coats of filler, some tricks of the trade for "body feel". You'd be suprised what you can feel under a thin cloth barrier, with your eyes closed, and not a sound in the room. I would blindly mark spots and proceed . I also did some lead work. My neighbor was a old school genius body man. Nothing like advice a Holla away.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Those quarter panels are like 9 feet long. I've been told it looks better than factory. But I did them by hand. No airfile. Very thin coats of filler, some tricks of the trade for "body feel". You'd be suprised what you can feel under a thin cloth barrier, with your eyes closed, and not a sound in the room. I would blindly mark spots and proceed . I also did some lead work. My neighbor was a old school genius body man. Nothing like advice a Holla away.

Way back in the day, ALL the real body work done on a car body was lead. At the Fisher Body plant back in the day, on the line any body panels that were damaged were fixed using lead fill...people would have been shocked if they knew how many actual dents came along with their 1950 Buick!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I can't wait to see the Photographs Kurt , you really make the felt and Hats look like you can feel them . Directed a few Hat fans to Ally Kat Hats Instagram (slobber vision) . I guess the server has been acting funny , I haven't been able to get on the Lounge . It just came back up .

bolthead

Cindy, I hope you and Daniel love his hat. Here's some photos I took the other day, hope you guys like them.
xdz5s1.jpg
2jc8txd.jpg
k2gynp.jpg
m0cj5.jpg
fk723l.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Cindy, I hope you and Daniel love his hat. Here's some photos I took the other day, hope you guys like them.
xdz5s1.jpg
2jc8txd.jpg
k2gynp.jpg
m0cj5.jpg
fk723l.jpg
beautiful pics

but I personally would love to see it without the filters and in some more natural less dramatic lighting so I can actually see the hat

your pictures are gorgeous ... don't get me wrong ... but they mask the hat

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
beautiful pics

but I personally would love to see it without the filters and in some more natural less dramatic lighting so I can actually see the hat

Hello, Tim has already sent this to me, so it should be arriving in a day or so...I will take some pictures of it and post here.

bolthead

beautiful pics

I guess that's the difference between photographs and snapshots, (pics), but thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner