Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Breaking News********************** It is OFFICIAL NOW***************

The sneaky information I will be leaking about the hat of all hats being made by Mr. Alley Kat himself, Tim....for my Husband, Daniel. I had made mention of this top secret project and although no one will have a hat like this one, and even with the hints and clues, until it is made...no amount of "preview" would or could EVER do this one Justice.

So with some careful thought, and a bit of hope, I will tell you what name I have given this hat...I am sure Tim will not desire to change it...but well, you never know...it is his hat line and the hats are his "baby"...yet in wanting to have a hat unlike any other hat I have ever seen on the lounge, made or even owned...I got to thinking of what hats had been around a long time ago...styles on them that are just "gone"...perhaps more modern taste have made these hats fall out of favor, but back in the day...of the Civil War...hats had some attentive features that separate them from what we have here now today. It was my goal to incorporate some of the past, with something of the here and now....and thus comes the hat...that hat of all hats...which I hope will remain this name....

The Sallyport.........

So many nice hatters here on the Lounge, you could go flat out BONKERS thinking of all the hats you see being made. However, for a few reasons I have picked Esther and Tim for our customs! In no way do I have anything bad to say about the workmanship of any other hatter we see here on the lounge. Just is, so far what we have had come into our home over all these years hat wise, makes you notice things about a hat. Things you never paid any attention to. But now you do pay attention to them. One of a few reasons why I have selected Esther or Tim.
This is the aspect that I find so fascinating....how each Felt Artist, using the same canvas, produces a hat and makes it their own. I now have multiple hats from 5 hatters here on the Lounge and 1 from Leon Drexler. They are all wonderful hats with each one being different in their own special way. I do have my favourite(s) and as you suggest it is not that one hat is better than the others. It is what that particular hatter has done that in some way appeals to me more. I started the purchase spree as I was so curious to see first hand the difference between the makers. It has been such a fun experience and have to say that working with each of them has been a wonderful experience.....Oh, that all my dealings were as warm and productive as the ones with these Hatters.

...I got to thinking of what hats had been around a long time ago...styles on them that are just "gone"...perhaps more modern taste have made these hats fall out of favor, but back in the day...of the Civil War...hats had some attentive features that separate them from what we have here now today. It was my goal to incorporate some of the past, with something of the here and now....and thus comes the hat...that hat of all hats...which I hope will remain this name...

The Sallyport.........
Civil_War_Slouch_Hat_zpszlhjxidy.jpg

:p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow! Thank you very much.
I agree, you do some just AWESOME photo work....my Husband's older brother used to do things with a normal 35 Yuschica (May not have spelled that right) but had special lenses and would process things...way way back in the day...but nothing like the things you do! I know...what it is...you call it,, MAGIC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic