Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

I'm finally getting a chance to post some pics. Has been a busy week.

This hat is a beauty. Wonderful feel and sits perfectly. You can do anything with the brim.

f7c36921aa70e39c09b611ea3a2fa604.jpg

413589dc410e72f49e7c5ce21ce630aa.jpg

430f68ba52e25450b5f9f8ebfd8922d3.jpg

2ca78e1fd1f261549c6ef4565238013b.jpg

9693ef6fc4bb5059c30aec5c66a4b7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. Looks great Rodney!
Tim, a masterpiece, buddy!!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't want to over-sell it, but I think you'll be happy with the Whiskey felt when you see it in person (if you haven't already).

I agree. It's subject to one's personal tastes, of course, but I much prefer brim bindings that match the color of the felt.

That being said, it's your hat and it should suit your tastes. If you truly can't decide, I'd strongly suggest you consult with Tim and trust his advice. He will likely have ideas you haven't considered because he knows his craft and has a good "eye" for what works and what doesn't.
This'll be my first felt custom job, so I wanted to go with a color combo that's been on my mind for some time. Some years back I was visiting an anthropologist friend who had just come back from living with the Oglalla people in South Dakota for a year. He had a book that displayed the ceremonial dress of the North American Indians, and I noticed that the tribes that used peyote all wore outfits in that color scheme: usually buckskin with black or red figures and with red edging. I don't know why, but it made a deep impression on me. Anyway, maybe with the new hat I'll gain some much-needed wisdom. I'll probably go with the black edging, just for the hell of it. Maybe red?

Here's another hat Tim just finished for a client. They wanted staple rabbit in rust color with some sort of highlight, so he did put it in the grosgrain, which they wanted a frayed edge.....it is a 3/8" pencil curl, his 1st attempt. This is from his phone, I will take photos this week sometime.

2knh8h.jpg
This is my hat! Tim is shipping this week and am very excited to see it in person. I wanted something a touch different and I think Tim has nailed it. Not overtly Western but to my eye more of a country gentlemen look....although I am a far cry from either!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is my hat! Tim is shipping this week and am very excited to see it in person. I wanted something a touch different and I think Tim has nailed it. Not overtly Western but to my eye more of a country gentlemen look....although I am a far cry from either!
You're gonna love this hat in hand. I'll be taking better photos later this week. Message me if there's something I can include in the shoot, if I can accommodate, I most certainly will.

I believe you are going to love it. Especially in what is its real color. This is a bad photo for colors. I wanted to show it off though, I like your response!

As promised to "belfastboy", more photos of his Hat, it's on it's way, enjoy and welcome to the Alley Kat Brotherhood.

2hduzk2.jpg

vren46.jpg

ih7g4j.jpg

15d5a3p.jpg

nvdy7l.jpg
Wow, receiving these pics it will be like receiving two new hats.....once with the pics and the second when the hat itself arrives. These pictures are fantastic.....you even got the nationality of the hootch right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou