Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Here's another Open Road clone that Tim made for a client, it's called "The Shenandoah". 100% beaver. Tim also made this pottery you see here, many moons ago.

ors2er.jpg

1zn8md5.jpg

a316kw.jpg
Another beauty! Love the blue accents. Putting this combo in my must have file.

So many nice hatters here on the Lounge, you could go flat out BONKERS thinking of all the hats you see being made. However, for a few reasons I have picked Esther and Tim for our customs! In no way do I have anything bad to say about the workmanship of any other hatter we see here on the lounge. Just is, so far what we have had come into our home over all these years hat wise, makes you notice things about a hat. Things you never paid any attention to. But now you do pay attention to them. One of a few reasons why I have selected Esther or Tim.

Cindy, thank you very much for your support and for all the good words you've given me .
Your observations on details, and noting them is greatly appreciated. You mentioned something, "noticing things about hats as you aquire them" I have custom hats that I bought over time, to study. And until recently noticed missed stitches , and run off on a few bound edges. But, it's work that went out the door. So when you say paying attention to detail, I often open a box, look back to confirm myself as having a superb product.
Thank you for such an honest observation.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy, thank you very much for your support and for all the good words you've given me .
Your observations on details, and noting them is greatly appreciated. You mentioned something, "noticing things about hats as you aquire them" I have custom hats that I bought over time, to study. And until recently noticed missed stitches , and run off on a few bound edges. But, it's work that went out the door. So when you say paying attention to detail, I often open a box, look back to confirm myself as having a superb product.
Thank you for such an honest observation.

Well now...when life is like what most of us have to deal with, I think it is safe to say we have to be careful with every penny we have or would spend. That being said, for me and for US here in my household, I value the quality of every single damned thing I have to pay for. We have NO money tree! What we do have is an ability to see what wonderful talent you have. Not to say anything badly to any other professional hatter that is CURRENTLY making hats and having business with the Lounge members. I have looked at everyone's hats being showcased on the Lounge. As anyone can see for themselves, there are only two "hatters" now getting our business. Esther and You! The "detail" is only a part of why we want your hats. The rest of all the other reasons come from you by nature! When you get to our age and have to know what is good and right, THAT is what you go with!

And let's face it...You and Esther are part of our family now. LOTS of love for you both! Lots of love for many Loungers as well.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Opinions, please: as mentioned above, I got in line for one of Tim's creations a few weeks back. So far I'm going with a whiskey (thanks to Zombie's hat) OR style with a 2 3/4 brim. Now, I've decided on a black, thin ribbon, and, as I mentioned to Tim that a spot of red might be nice, he suggested a red wind trolley and button, which sounds fantastic to me. I told him I also wanted black edging on the brim, but I'm wondering now if that might be too much. Yea or nay?

RJR

Opinions, please: as mentioned above, I got in line for one of Tim's creations a few weeks back. So far I'm going with a whiskey (thanks to Zombie's hat) OR style with a 2 3/4 brim. Now, I've decided on a black, thin ribbon, and, as I mentioned to Tim that a spot of red might be nice, he suggested a red wind trolley and button, which sounds fantastic to me. I told him I also wanted black edging on the brim, but I'm wondering now if that might be too much. Yea or nay?
I'm not good at imagining color combos;I'd ask Tim to send you a pic of the hood,ribbon and red trolley so you can see it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I would seriously consider any other brim edge trim color aside from the black. The red trolley is a super idea. My reason for this input, we have had some super fantastic black hats. BUT a black hat without anything to help define the lines of the hat can make the hat be "lost" in a black void....no one sees anything but a big blob of black! If you have some other colors on the hat brim and around the crown, you then see the outline of the dimensions and shape of the hat....brings all that out and makes it be so much more visible. See what a super light tan or gold thin trim ribbon would look like, but keep the red trolley...that is rock and roll!

RJR

I would seriously consider any other brim edge trim color aside from the black. The red trolley is a super idea. My reason for this input, we have had some super fantastic black hats. BUT a black hat without anything to help define the lines of the hat can make the hat be "lost" in a black void....no one sees anything but a big blob of black! If you have some other colors on the hat brim and around the crown, you then see the outline of the dimensions and shape of the hat....brings all that out and makes it be so much more visible. See what a super light tan or gold thin trim ribbon would look like, but keep the red trolley...that is rock and roll!
Cindy,I believe he's considering a whiskey body with black binding and the red trolley,not a black body.

Opinions, please: as mentioned above, I got in line for one of Tim's creations a few weeks back. So far I'm going with a whiskey (thanks to Zombie's hat)...
I don't want to over-sell it, but I think you'll be happy with the Whiskey felt when you see it in person (if you haven't already).

...OR style with a 2 3/4 brim. Now, I've decided on a black, thin ribbon, and, as I mentioned to Tim that a spot of red might be nice, he suggested a red wind trolley and button, which sounds fantastic to me. I told him I also wanted black edging on the brim, but I'm wondering now if that might be too much. Yea or nay?
I would try n match the whiskey color for the brim.
I agree. It's subject to one's personal tastes, of course, but I much prefer brim bindings that match the color of the felt.

That being said, it's your hat and it should suit your tastes. If you truly can't decide, I'd strongly suggest you consult with Tim and trust his advice. He will likely have ideas you haven't considered because he knows his craft and has a good "eye" for what works and what doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic