Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
Tim sent me a picture of the finished hat!!
Beautiful!!!

4fa9d42e14dda2171391e06044508f8a.jpg

I can't be more please. I pretty much gave him the reins and let him come up with something for me. The gold ribbon holder was his last little touch. Think Railroad Tracks. :)

100% Beaver
Pecan
2 3/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Beautiful!!!

I can't be more please. I pretty much gave him the reins and let him come up with something for me. The gold ribbon holder was his last little touch. Think Railroad Tracks. :)

100% Beaver
Pecan
2 3/4

GEEZ HOLY COW! NICE NICE NICE! Yeah I know Caps...can't help it! One point right off the bat...check the hand stitching on the brim edge treatment. When some of us see that, it means someone took the time to be a "craftsmen" and do such articulate work. For me, that is a major reason to have Tim make a hat. Tim's hats just do not look like some factory pumping out the same hat time after time in some different color...his hats are a work up from an idea and style.

Now I see how pecan is so much a great color. Thank you for sharing this with us, and TIM TIM TIM...you are just hitting these hats out in such a beautiful way. You are top shelf!

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
GEEZ HOLY COW! NICE NICE NICE! Yeah I know Caps...can't help it! One point right off the bat...check the hand stitching on the brim edge treatment. When some of us see that, it means someone took the time to be a "craftsmen" and do such articulate work. For me, that is a major reason to have Tim make a hat. Tim's hats just do not look like some factory pumping out the same hat time after time in some different color...his hats are a work up from an idea and style.

Now I see how pecan is so much a great color. Thank you for sharing this with us, and TIM TIM TIM...you are just hitting these hats out in such a beautiful way. You are top shelf!

Thank you!!! I'm really looking forward to getting it and checking it out. :))))

Cindy, thanks for the words, especially on the edge binding, it's a tremendous amount of work , especially when you've already basted a binding on to find out you stretched it .
Me, I'm human....I make errors, fitting a brim binding isn't easy, and sometimes you do it 2 or 3 times to nail the fit. This right here , right now is a big thank you to my friend Scott Aka Bond. Once again he helped me learn and further understand something in fitting a closed loop. People helping other people get better. Such a great thing. Thanks for your help my friend.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful!!!

100% Beaver
Pecan
2 3/4

Beautiful, beautiful hat! Every morning I wake up and think about the one I just ordered from Tim. When I see something like this, it just ups my expectations. Congrats.

RJR

Beautiful!!!

100% Beaver
Pecan
2 3/4

WOW!Nice work Tim.

jackm

One of the Regulars
Here is my Alley Kat Hat that Tim is working on. Almost done!!! He has the Sweat and Ribbon to get done.

Pecan Beaver
7 1/4
2 3/4 brim

Ribbon is a dark grey that'll go good with my dress coat.

Brim binding, pecan.

06e39012067237ec26cc1ee26aecea78.jpg

ce0b9fc25a813a0be89ace1b14060548.jpg

Ever since I contacted Tim to make me a hat, he has been so kind and eager to please. I've pretty much left it up to him. A true artisan! I am more than pleased!!!

I can't wait to get this one on my noggin!!

That is a sweet lid and the ribbon looks fantastic. I'm very impressed.

jackm

One of the Regulars
Cindy, thanks for the words, especially on the edge binding, it's a tremendous amount of work , especially when you've already basted a binding on to find out you stretched it .
Me, I'm human....I make errors, fitting a brim binding isn't easy, and sometimes you do it 2 or 3 times to nail the fit. This right here , right now is a big thank you to my friend Scott Aka Bond. Once again he helped me learn and further understand something in fitting a closed loop. People helping other people get better. Such a great thing. Thanks for your help my friend.
Your work is outstanding and very artistic.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Yes sir...Bond is a super person for sure. I have a hat he is working on right now, I needed a brim cut, new edge ribbon treatment and ribbon on the crown. I think he has done three or four hats and I send him a hat now and again to have him fix something up and sell it. And honestly I did not know Esther was already married, I was thinking of hooking Scott up with Esther! Hahahah! If I had a younger Sister.......

Beautiful!!!

100% Beaver
Pecan
2 3/4

The felt looks amazing. I can see and feel the texture from the pic. It looks soft and pliable with a nice nap.
What colour is the ribbon?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Looking at examples such as this gets me excited....I have a hat on the block with Tim and we are down to the details.

So many nice hatters here on the Lounge, you could go flat out BONKERS thinking of all the hats you see being made. However, for a few reasons I have picked Esther and Tim for our customs! In no way do I have anything bad to say about the workmanship of any other hatter we see here on the lounge. Just is, so far what we have had come into our home over all these years hat wise, makes you notice things about a hat. Things you never paid any attention to. But now you do pay attention to them. One of a few reasons why I have selected Esther or Tim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran