Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Un-Muddied Bloody Mary

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HadleyH said:
...and can you imagine those lobster :D dinner restaurants on the Pacific, and sharing the good times and drinking Bloody Mary with all of our friends? Sheer heaven! :D

rumblefish said:
Hadley,
Madonna Mia!
The only thing that could come after that is coffee,,, maybe dessert. :essen:

Everything looks delicious .........I will bring dessert ..coconut macaroons (some dipped in chocolate), chocolate chip cheese cake and ice cream. ;)

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
Everything looks delicious .........I will bring dessert ..coconut macaroons (some dipped in chocolate), chocolate chip cheese cake and ice cream. ;)

Sounds great CB ! But I would add some meringues, whipped cream and fresh strawberries, just in case we are still hungry..lol lol

...and I'll bring the icecold longnecks for sunset discussion around the bonfire on the beach about how un-muddied everything went before the late afternoon nap. Perhaps Picard will even treat us to horrible redmeat and creepy crustacean stories as the stars come out. Everyone keep an eye on Hadley(that shouldn't be difficult...!)...she may freak out...!
HD

Carlisle Blues

Ok this party has me cooking...I am making Empanadas with shirmp and prawns and since I do not drink I will have a Virgin Bloody Mary courtesy of Mr. Fish. :beer:

I will also bring my guitar and serenade the ever so lovely Ms. HadleyH with "Stand By Me" hoping to see her smile that "smile" which lights the night and goes on forever. I am sure she will not freak out.:)

gambas+95-173.jpg

100_0243-1.jpg

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
...and I'll bring the icecold longnecks for sunset discussion around the bonfire on the beach about how un-muddied everything went before the late afternoon nap. Perhaps Picard will even treat us to horrible redmeat and creepy crustacean stories as the stars come out. Everyone keep an eye on Hadley(that shouldn't be difficult...!)...she may freak out...!
HD

Creepy crustacean...

little-mermaid-1.jpg
:p :p

Dr Doran

Club Deluxe Bloody Mary

On Haight Street in San Francisco is Club Deluxe, the epicenter of the swing revival scene of the 1990s. In the early 1990s when I first used to go there, their bloody mary was $3.50. It was served in a pint glass. It had the following garnishes floating in it:
1.) A celery stick
2.) Pickled onions
3.) Olives
4.) Peperoncini
And perhaps another thing or two. It was a salad in a glass, a divine experience. Last time I went was in December 2008 or January 2009 and it was (as you may guess) no longer $3.50 but it was very, very good and had the same garnishes.

Mike in Seattle

Doran said:
On Haight Street in San Francisco is Club Deluxe, the epicenter of the swing revival scene of the 1990s. In the early 1990s when I first used to go there, their bloody mary was $3.50. It was served in a pint glass. It had the following garnishes floating in it:
1.) A celery stick
2.) Pickled onions
3.) Olives
4.) Peperoncini
And perhaps another thing or two. It was a salad in a glass, a divine experience. Last time I went was in December 2008 or January 2009 and it was (as you may guess) no longer $3.50 but it was very, very good and had the same garnishes.

Duke's Chowderhouse here in the Seattle area does them just like that - the skewer has the above on it plus a great big shrimp. And if you get it extra spicy, the fresh horseradish does a fantastic job of cleaning out the sinuses if you've got a cold. ;)

Ethan Bentley said:
That certainly looks worth a visit; one question. What is liquid smoke?
Liquid smoke is a flavoring agent that literally is a bottled liquid you can add to BBQ sauce or put on meats etc that has the flavor of smoke from the BBQ or Smokehouse cooking such as smoked ham and the like. It's really powerful and can easily overwhelm a sauce if not used sparingly. It's a quick version of low temp long cooking so it's not as good as the real thing, but if you don'y have the time it works ok in some circumstances.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
Liquid smoke is a flavoring agent that literally is a bottled liquid you can add to BBQ sauce or put on meats etc that has the flavor of smoke from the BBQ or Smokehouse cooking such as smoked ham and the like. It's really powerful and can easily overwhelm a sauce if not used sparingly. It's a quick version of low temp long cooking so it's not as good as the real thing, but if you don'y have the time it works ok in some circumstances.

AH thanks for the explanation. I've wondered for ages, for some reason I thought it was liquid *poof* smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred