Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancestor hat pics

indycop

I'll Lock Up
While clearing out stuff from my grandmothers house my dad found this pic of my great grandfather. Wasn't there a company that reproduces old ballcaps?

He is Second from right, first row.

greatgrandfather.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
While clearing out stuff from my grandmothers house my dad found this pic of my great grandfather. Wasn't there a company that reproduces old ballcaps?Second from right, first row.

That's a GREAT photo. You are lucky to run across that one.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
While clearing out stuff from my grandmothers house my dad found this pic of my great grandfather. Wasn't there a company that reproduces old ballcaps?

He is Second from right, first row.

greatgrandfather.jpg
Super cool pic! Obviously a company team. I'm wondering of the initials stand for Chicago, Minneapolis and St Paul. Maybe a railroad? Never heard of one by that name.
Edit: Just googled and came up with Chucago, MILWAUKEE and St Paul. Now that makes more sense.
And here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago,_Milwaukee,_St._Paul_and_Pacific_Railroad

indycop

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Super cool pic! Obviously a company team. I'm wondering of the initials stand for Chicago, Minneapolis and St Paul. Maybe a railroad? Never heard of one by that name.
Edit: Just googled and came up with Chucago, MILWAUKEE and St Paul. Now that makes more sense.
And here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago,_Milwaukee,_St._Paul_and_Pacific_Railroad
That would make sense. My grandfather worked for the railroad and transported prisoners during the war.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
ThesFlishThngs said:
These are fun; I'm digging the baseball uniforms. :)

My dad, on the left:
3855477159_5f200bf2fe.jpg

What a cool bunch of pictures, but this picture stood out to me. Cool picture:eusa_clap Looks like the blond kid stole Boltheads hat.:D

billysmom

One Too Many
My grandfather

Here's my paternal grandfather. He was a Fish and Game Commissioner in Arizona in the early 30's.

Grandfater-Foster.jpg

He passed in 1936, so I never knew him. From the family stories, he was a humorous guy and a great practical joker.

Sue

frussell

One Too Many
A few more

In his 20s, Stetson at a rakish angle:
Brakishtilt.jpg
[/IMG]

Later in life, in full charro regalia:
Bcharro.jpg
[/IMG]

Stetson in hand, meeting JFK at the Palm Springs airport, Kennedy holding sporty fedora.
Bkennedy.jpg
[/IMG]

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I believe it is.

That's how the print (which was sent to us by one of his old photographer friends from those years) was, so the negative must have been flopped when the print was made. ("Flopped" being the term my pro-photographer parents always used for printing a negative backwards.)

Sure, I could easily mirror-ize it, but I'd rather reproduce it as-is than monkey with it digitally, even if it is backwards.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I'll repost this, since apparently I moved it from when I first posted it.

Pa.jpg

The small photo is my Grandfather, probably mid-30's. The other photo is also my Grandfather, probably just at the end of the war, in his uniform, with an unknown friend/family member.

50-70 years ago, everyone dressed like Indiana Jones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy