Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another "Help me shape my Fed 4" Thread :-O

Classified00

Familiar Face
Here's my problem:

I followed all of the steps the "Teardrop Workshop" thread. Over all, the hat came out OK except the very tip of the pinch sticks out way to far. When I turn slightly to the side it looks like the pinch is leaning forward. The front has no smooth "fade".

What am I doing wrong?
[huh]

Thanks!
:p

Let's see a picture....

Let's see what it looks like now, may help if we see.

Classified00 said:
Here's my problem:

I followed all of the steps the "Teardrop Workshop" thread. Over all, the hat came out OK except the very tip of the pinch sticks out way to far. When I turn slightly to the side it looks like the pinch is leaning forward. The front has no smooth "fade".

What am I doing wrong?
[huh]

Thanks!
:p

Classified00

Familiar Face
Yeah I tried that. I cant get a pic that really shows it. [huh]

I may need to try it in the daylight. With the dark brown hat and artficial light, I can't get good pic.

:eusa_doh:

jbucklin

Practically Family
I suppose not! Seriously, I watched a tutorial on creasing a Fed IV on Youtube and that technique was not included. I thought I was being original!

Are you happy with your crease now?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wish I could help you, but this is what happened when I tried to crease my own Fed IV...it's sorta like a sloppy, tapered diamond with a massive, dome-like bubble for the top of my head. Up front, it looks like this monster, and now that I have sharp creases in there, it will never really look good in any other shape. Damn those phantom crease lines.

FedIVOutside-2.jpg

Sorry about the effects, I just discovered PhotoBucket and I was having some fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland