Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any budding ww2 jacket artists out there?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
As I recall, acrylics first became available to the general public in the early 70's. I think they were invented in the 60's, as they were used by Roy Lichtenstein, though I'm not certain as to the exact date. I do know that Lichtenstein used a type of acrylic called Magna, as early as 1963, in a painting called "Whaam".
As to the stuff they used in the war, it was most likely an enamel, or possibly laquer, all solvent based and unfortunately, very inflexible.

Oh,...according to Wikipedia, a type of acrylic was first marketed in the 50's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylic_paint

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
First Hand

Having seen the fine work of Major Nick Danger on a jacket in person, it's easy to report that I wouldn't hesitate turning over a jacket of any price or quality for him to do. He has a great eye and does beautiful, clean work. A fine gentleman as well!

GREAT jacket art, Major Nick!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Aww, shucks!

scotrace said:
Having seen the fine work of Major Nick Danger on a jacket in person, it's easy to report that I wouldn't hesitate turning over a jacker of any price or quality for him to do. He has a great eye and does beautiful, clean work. A fine gentleman as well!

GREAT jacket art, Major Nick!

It takes one to know one as they say, and thanks for the compliments. It was a pleasure to meet you.

As a matter of fact, I am sending you a pic that was taken by the lovely and talented "K" ( ) at US Wings even as I am posting this reply. It's the best pic yet that I have of that jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner