Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cigar Afficionados Out There?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Anyone try a lampeberger for getting rid of cigar odor? I heard that they totally eliminate smoke odor, so I picked one up today, as well as a couple more cigars!;)

KL15

One of the Regulars
Just reached the Holy Grail for me. Got a box of Romeo Y Julieta Churchills from the forbidden land. Oh I cant wait to light one of these up!!!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Ah, so I am not the only one who likes the JR branded cigars. The JR Ulitmate Cabinet cigars I recently purchased are really surprising for the price. Aged a year and, when smoked, have a nearly pipe tobacco smell. I was put off by the first one that didn't draw very well but the rest have been fine so far. Well, the first was fine too after I got out my trusty ice pick. ;) :p
Hm,
So do you wear the free JR hat that came with your purchase? ;)

I've been ordering from Cigars International. You guys all
seem to like JR better? Any CI horror stories? Compelling
reasons to change horses?

I am feeling bad about not supporting my local cigar shops,
but these Web prices are SO much lower!

feltfan said:
Hm,
So do you wear the free JR hat that came with your purchase? ;)

I've been ordering from Cigars International. You guys all
seem to like JR better? Any CI horror stories? Compelling
reasons to change horses?

I am feeling bad about not supporting my local cigar shops,
but these Web prices are SO much lower!

A hat comes with the purchase?! I never received a fedora yet. :eusa_doh: ;)
No problems with CI. I just like JR better. They have more interesting offers. I can't help myself when their new catalog arrives. :D
Web prices are WAY lower and no ridiculous taxes.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know anything about a brand simply called Topcigar? I have treid a couple and they seem pretty good. I treied looking themm up online but typing in topcigar just makes a mess. They have no bands on them either....[huh]

indycop said:
Does anyone know anything about a brand simply called Topcigar? I have treid a couple and they seem pretty good. I treied looking themm up online but typing in topcigar just makes a mess. They have no bands on them either....[huh]

Well, the only thing I can add is probably what you know already from:
http://topcigarspremium.com/index.p..._user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=7&MMN_position=9:9
Does this look familiar? Seems to be a brand produced for Top Cigars in Florida. Every cigar store seems to have their own. :D
Funny thing is that most of the cigar store no brands are knock offs from Altadis and other familiar cigar manufacturers. They are likely good from the start--just generics. ;) :D

Regards,

J

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Web prices are WAY lower and no ridiculous taxes.
Whenever I hear mention of that durn tax I think of buying
a cigar on the last day before it started (new year's eve)
a few years ago at the Dunhill shop in Union Square. Everyone
there was discussing Rob Reiner's new tax and the proprietor
said, "we still call him Meathead".

Thanks for the comments. I'll have to peruse that JR site.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Well, the only thing I can add is probably what you know already from:
http://topcigarspremium.com/index.p..._user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=7&MMN_position=9:9
Does this look familiar? Seems to be a brand produced for Top Cigars in Florida. Every cigar store seems to have their own. :D
Funny thing is that most of the cigar store no brands are knock offs from Altadis and other familiar cigar manufacturers. They are likely good from the start--just generics. ;) :D

Regards,

J
Yes thats them! I pay $5 for a robusto at my local cigar shop and I see they list for $8 on the website, usually it's the other way around. I like them enough to buy a box.:)

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I agree with you John in Covina. I remember going in to my favorite Cigar shop after the tax was implemented. The owner was marking everything up a couple of dollars. Like the cool surplus stores we had here the Cigar shops have also disappeared. Internet sales are the only way to go now.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
A while back I put regular water in my humidifyer and got mold.:eusa_doh: After not using it for months I put distilled water back in it but still get mold now. Have I ruined it or can I save it?:(

Bassman

A-List Customer
While distilled water is the prefered water to use in a humi, mold occurs when humidity and temperature are too high (humidity above 75% along with temp above 75 degrees or thereabouts). The mold spores remain unless you perform a heavy duty cleaning, I think involving alcohol (the isopropyl kind!).
Go to cigarpass.com and do a search for mold and check out the threads on cleaning out humidors.
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran