Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ANYBODY FAMILIAR WITH ROGERS PEET HATS?

Razzman

One Too Many
Anybody out there have any knowledge about Rogers Peet hats? Are they still in production? When & where were they made? What is the quality of their hats? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I don't believe they are around anymore. I have a brown fedora of theirs I found in an antique store about a year ago. Seems fairly high quality, though I don't wear it that often.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Rogers Peet is long gone. They were a high end clothing store that was the largest Borsalino account in New York at one time. They sold hats from Stetson to Borsalino and many more. Every so often , look on Ebay as you will find a hat from Rogers Peet.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Razzman

One Too Many
I did. It's looks like a stratoliner. I'll post some pics when it arrives.
The hat has a Rogers Peet silk liner with the Rogers Peet name in it. What manufacturer would have made the hats for them????

I’ve had a couple Rogers Peet labeled hats that were both made by Mac Lachlan and of very high quality.

Does anyone know who might have made this or from what era it’s from?:

DB36E39E-9C60-4748-B8A0-D9FC99032177.jpeg
B93BBF3E-1FA0-4A65-8682-2FC0AAAC5107.jpeg
2F80966C-67B7-4C47-8C60-DA04C1BA7B5F.jpeg
4E2D9947-800E-43BF-B309-4640D75D77C5.jpeg

Pity the initials aren’t in a different order. ;)

I’ve had a couple Rogers Peet labeled hats that were both made by Mac Lachlan and of very high quality.

Does anyone know who might have made this or from what era it’s from?:

View attachment 261011 View attachment 261012 View attachment 261013 View attachment 261014

Pity the initials aren’t in a different order. ;)

You might find some clues in the manufacturing labels. I used to shop Rogers Peet with my Dad during their later years on 42nd St. near Fifth Ave. Pretty sure this derby will be c.1940 to later 1930s. This type of liner was popular in those years. It has a piece of stiff paper behind the crown. Nice that it appears to be free from dents, which are annoying and hard to get out.

You might find some clues in the manufacturing labels. I used to shop Rogers Peet with my Dad during their later years on 42nd St. near Fifth Ave. Pretty sure this derby will be c.1940 to later 1930s. This type of liner was popular in those years. It has a piece of stiff paper behind the crown. Nice that it appears to be free from dents, which are annoying and hard to get out.

Thank you, Alan. At my size I can’t be too choosy, but at least this style of hat sells for less than fedoras of the same size. I hope to have the hat by the end of the week and I’ll see what stories the labels can tell.

Pkyoakum

One of the Regulars
I have a Rogers and Peet fedora in one of their hat boxes originally purchased from the store in Washington state. I found out the store closed in 1969. No indication who made the hat for them, but it looks of high quality. I read they were a high class store. Probably a mystery that will never be solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats