Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone got pics of an aero in cherry?

zebedee

One Too Many
Hi,

I am considering either cherry or cordovan for my next aero. There aren't many examples of cherry floating around, so I'm wondering if anyone here's got some of a jacket that color being worn.

Cheers,

J.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not a massive fan, personally - too pinky-purple. The close-up is indeed the closest to the real colour.

zebedee

One Too Many
I reckon cordovan might be the way forward in terms of a long half belt. The cherry is a little bit too... present.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
As in some drunk in a pub will want to fight you because he thinks you're a woofter?

:D

A guy I know has a Jonathan Logan Fight Club jacket and the colour is very close to how the Aero cherry shade looks on my screen. Saying that, knowing how things can look online as opposed to in real life, it could be entirely different!

zebedee

One Too Many
Cordovan's going to be about as reddish as I'm going to go- I thought that cherry might have been more black cherry/bloodstain sorta colour. Might catch flying glass in a pub. And you know it'd only be a matter of time everywhere you went until someone said: 'The first rule is...'.

schitzo

Suspended
If I'm not mistaken the cherry highwayman pictured belongs to an American who lives in a sunny place. Personally I think it looks fantastic. But the cherry jacket I owned didn't look like that. Mice was a much darker shade, and my guess is that sunlight/lack of sunlight makes a difference

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If I'm not mistaken the cherry highwayman pictured belongs to an American who lives in a sunny place. Personally I think it looks fantastic. But the cherry jacket I owned didn't look like that. Mice was a much darker shade, and my guess is that sunlight/lack of sunlight makes a difference

That actually wouldn't surprise me Schitzo. I know it's not the same leather but that bloke's Logan jacket I mentioned does very much the same thing. At night it looks quite a dark brown/red and in natural sunlight far more reddish. TBH I've never seen a jacket which has such a schizophrenic change under different lighting conditions.

I actually asked him if he'd had any Fight Club or smart arse comments and he claimed that he never had. Sounds a bit strange to me but he lives in the thing so he's either got a very thick skin or he's telling the truth.

tonypaj

Practically Family
I had a cherry Barnstormer, excellent color. Much darker with age than the one pictured. Had to sell it, I got slimmer... I would not hesitate to have another cherry one, I only got some stares, no aggro.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Cordovan's going to be about as reddish as I'm going to go- I thought that cherry might have been more black cherry/bloodstain sorta colour. Might catch flying glass in a pub. And you know it'd only be a matter of time everywhere you went until someone said: 'The first rule is...'.

Zebedee, I have two cherry FQHH jackets ... an HG5 and a Hudson. The color in the pictures with this post, I believe, is definitely enhanced by the sunlight, as Schitzo posits. I would describe the color of my two jackets as more "black cherry" than what you see in these pictures. It's much darker and much more subtle than suggested here. Definitely NOT red. With the Hudson, the "black cherry" color of the hide was the reason I went with the chocolate brown mouton color; the color of the collar plays plays off the cherry and brings out the black undertones of the dye.

I've also got a cordovan FQHH long half belt, and I would definitely describe that color as purple-ish in tone ... almost a blending of browns and deep, deep purples.

Hope this helps.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Zebedee, I have two cherry FQHH jackets ... an HG5 and a Hudson. The color in the pictures with this post, I believe, is definitely enhanced by the sunlight, as Schitzo posits. I would describe the color of my two jackets as more "black cherry" than what you see in these pictures. It's much darker and much more subtle than suggested here. Definitely NOT red. With the Hudson, the "black cherry" color of the hide was the reason I went with the chocolate brown mouton color; the color of the collar plays plays off the cherry and brings out the black undertones of the dye.

I've also got a cordovan FQHH long half belt, and I would definitely describe that color as purple-ish in tone ... almost a blending of browns and deep, deep purples.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like a definite case of emailing Aero and asking for a sample of the cherry FQHH Zebedee. You can never trust colours you see online.

zebedee

One Too Many
Seems cherry varies widely- I'll have to get some samples. With brown fqhh I'm sure what colour I'm getting, but cordovan and cherry open up the possibility of too purple/too pink on the one hand and too much like brown/campy red on the other. My next order's probably going to be a cordovan long HB minus snaps, chest/inner pockets and the bi-swing back (campy red bi-swing back- danger, Will Robinson).

Sorry- posted this before I'd checked for replies. Cheers for info- much appreciated.

J.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80