Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone interested in vintage nylons and gloves?

panamag8or

Practically Family
I came across a bunch while I was cleaning out dressers at my Grandmothers. I doubt she will ever wear nylons again, so I thought of the ladies of FL, and my Mom said to take them. Forgive me if I get the lingo wrong, after all, I am a guy, and therefore clueless here.

There are a couple pairs of something called "Royal Purple", but they look like a grayish-brown to me. They have a pattern.
One pair of gold, with what looks to be a slight snag mid-thigh, not a full run.
One pair of a garish lemon yellow, still in the package.

Now here's the cool part (I think). Two pairs of natural beige Mojud "Gleam Seams". These have a gold metallic seam (guaranteed to never tarnish), along with a little promo card, explaining why these are the best thing since sliced bread.

All are size 10.

Also, I have about 15 pairs of gloves. All kinds of different lengths and colors.

If you gals are interested, I'll put them all up in the classifieds.

Like I said, I came across this stuff, and thought of y'all.

panamag8or

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I'm interested in any size 7 gloves. Also interested in stockings, but those aren't my size :(

Wow, I didn't know gloves came in sizes. Learn something new every day, huh? You are lucky, however. I've checked 8 pairs, and all but one so far are size 7. I'll make sure to list sizes when I post them.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
panamag8or said:
Wow, I didn't know gloves came in sizes. Learn something new every day, huh? You are lucky, however. I've checked 8 pairs, and all but one so far are size 7. I'll make sure to list sizes when I post them.

Yes, glove size corresponds with the circumferene of the hand, in inches and sometimes they come in half or quarter sizes!

http://www.glove.org/glovemeasure.htm

phyllis1753

New in Town
FWIW; "Royal Purple" was the name of a line of hosiery sold by Sears-Roebuck for many years. Don't know who actually made them for Sears, tho'. Anyway, the name disappeared sometime in the early 60s. Cheers!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Hi gals, just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you. I should have stuff posted in a day or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24