Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appropriate Dress to Wear As Wedding Guest. Black? Red?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
My brother is getting married in April. Here is the catch: it's a

1) Formal
2) Day Wedding
in
3) Kauai, Hawaii.

As I understand it, formal is for evening. But if formal here just means "don't wear jeans," I'd go with a knee-length daytime dress.

I don't know if the wedding is going to be in a church, but keep in mind that some churches have a dress code of no naked shoulders or cleavage showing. IMHO, that's a little more appropriate for a wedding, anyway.

The oriental dress is lovely, as long as you'd get wear it more than once.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paisley said:
As I understand it, formal is for evening. But if formal here just means "don't wear jeans," I'd go with a knee-length daytime dress.

I don't know if the wedding is going to be in a church, but keep in mind that some churches have a dress code of no naked shoulders or cleavage showing. IMHO, that's a little more appropriate for a wedding, anyway.

The oriental dress is lovely, as long as you'd get wear it more than once.

No church, outside. Lovely vista overlooking the ocean.

Miss_Bella_Hell

I am planning to get this:
pg1.jpg

In a pink atomic pattern :D

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
BTW, they aren't getting married at the "Grotto" are they?

I went to a wedding there. Black tie, women in Floor length gowns or dressed up work type attire.

Except me. I bought a dress in hawaii, floral print and all, and wore sandles.

The earth is rust red and baby it STAINS. Everybody in heels sunk in the ground and they were miserably hot.

Except me.:D

You might check the exact location.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss Crisplock said:
BTW, they aren't getting married at the "Grotto" are they?

I went to a wedding there. Black tie, women in Floor length gowns or dressed up work type attire.

Except me. I bought a dress in hawaii, floral print and all, and wore sandles.

The earth is rust red and baby it STAINS. Everybody in heels sunk in the ground and they were miserably hot.

Except me.:D

You might check the exact location.

It's not the grotto, it's a private estate I guess. But I did check out pics of the grounds and lo and behold, the ground does look suspiciously red! You're the BEST for pointing this out! I'm totally getting wedges.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Fleur De Guerre said:
Oh, I love the Peggy Would dress. I don't know if I can ever get one though since they are semi sized for average length people, and I am so looooong inthe body. Wah wah :(

That's true, but I bet they could do it. Going through the measurements they do ask for back waist length and have allowances for longer waists. It might just cost you a bit more.

Miss_Bella_Hell

swingtimegal said:
GORGEOUS dress, Bella! I'm sure we're all looking forward to some fabulous pics after your brother's wedding :D

I am so pleased to have found an excuse to buy a Whirling Turban dress, you bet I'll take plenty of pictuers!! Now I must find the perfect hair flowers and wedges!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Here's another update, ladies - they take Paypal, and with my recent sales on the Lounge, I only paid $60 out of pocket! So thanks everyone who bought from me!

Also, my brother is having a "Hawaiian Style Picnic" on the beach the second day we're there....so perhaps another Whirling Turban is in order? Hm.....now I'm hooked! Guess I better see how it fits first!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Miss Bella, and anyone else who has a WT dress (might find the WT thread to bump actually) ... are these dresses washable? If not the rayon ones, the cotton?

Washability is my no 1 concern when it comes to buying stuff. I can't be done with dry cleaning, either the expense or the hassle. This limits my vintage wardrobe, but never mind.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Fleur De Guerre said:
Miss Bella, and anyone else who has a WT dress (might find the WT thread to bump actually) ... are these dresses washable? If not the rayon ones, the cotton?

Washability is my no 1 concern when it comes to buying stuff. I can't be done with dry cleaning, either the expense or the hassle. This limits my vintage wardrobe, but never mind.

Gosh, I have no idea. I'll find out for ya.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Fleur De Guerre said:

Keep in mind that a lot of stuff that you would normally dry clean is also hand washable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari