Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archelogical Expedition and Camping Trip

Nick Charles

Practically Family
here's what I'm taking

tent dome, says 9-10people so think 5
2 sleeping bags
picnic basket set up(plates, cups s/p)
coleman stove
kitchen supplies(pots,pans,knifes forks etc)
2 folding chairs
flashlights/matches/
I'll gab some wood
Cooler
I can get one of those sideline water jugs if we need it. and folding table

games/cards/
whos got a portable record player or xm boombox

I'll bring bacon/18 eggs/some burger/rolls,
nachos
bagels
pop
shaker

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Good call, Nick! Music would be good! I don't have XM, but I'll be sure to bring a bunch of good CDs.

I'll look into bringing a cast iron skillet and a fire grill, too. mmmm, bacon and eggs cooked over an open fire.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Scotrace, as an ex-biker I can assure you the bar never closes on a camping trip. ;)
I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a long time. What is COW? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Its Club Obi-Wan......an Indiana Jones Fan board.....a sister message board to the FL....if that makes any sense?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
count me in on this....at least provisionally until i get final word of the OK tomorrow...
Yay! Now it will be up to you to get Matt in line, too.

By the by, anyone have any of the Lexan martini glasses they could bring? If not I may need to swing by Wiliams & Sonoma. G&T's by the fire sound pretty alright! No mints on the pillows, though, Scot, sorry! I wish you were able to make it, but maybe we'll do it again next year.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojave Jack said:
Good call, Nick! Music would be good! I don't have XM, but I'll be sure to bring a bunch of good CDs.

XM? CDs? I'm tempted to come along if only
to bring the portable gramophone.

And if you're looking for models, don't forget Roy Chapman Andrews'
1920s Gobi Desert dinosaur fossil expedition:

rcandrews.gif

ep-andrews-photo.jpg

ellen8.jpg

andrews1.jpg

gobi.jpg

andrews.1.jpg

Ancient%20Man.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Yay! Now it will be up to you to get Matt in line, too.

By the by, anyone have any of the Lexan martini glasses they could bring? If not I may need to swing by Wiliams & Sonoma. G&T's by the fire sound pretty alright! No mints on the pillows, though, Scot, sorry! I wish you were able to make it, but maybe we'll do it again next year.

Heck...I can bring mints for the pillows.....just dont expect me to tidy people's sleeping bags up.....

I can have a look for glasses and see at places like smart and final....they have -everything-

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Camping in my neck of the woods means being up half the night feeling the dew and dampness pack your head up like cement.

Mmm.... Cement Head. :)

And everyone smells like a cured ham after being in the wood smoke. Well, like an unshowered cured ham.

Camping. Ew.

:)

scotrace said:
Camping in my neck of the woods means being up half the night feeling the dew and dampness pack your head up like cement.

And everyone smells like a cured ham after being in the wood smoke. Well, like an unshowered cured ham.

Camping. Ew.

So I take it you are a camping enthusiast? ;) :p

Regards,

J

P.S. Yeah, my idea of roughing it is a two star hotel. :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:

Camping. Ew.

*makes a pact not to go around sniffing people*

There..that solves it...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
And everyone smells like a cured ham after being in the wood smoke.

Take it from me, that part comes in handy when the truck breaks down and you start getting reallllll hungry. ;)

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Eveyone that is attending please list what you are brining on this post or email me at indyaz@cox.net I'dlike to get the logistics set up by the end of the weekend. If you would like to join us for the saturday events please email me so we can get contact information and a meeting spot and time.
If anyone has a special need or medical condition I need to know about that also so we can be prepared. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff