Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there any universally liked actors/actresses?

Rafter

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Yes, indeed, Ms. Thora. How could we all have forgotten, and how could anybody dislike, the incomparable JEJ?:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
It's called over-exposure. I detest the once great JEJ, ever since he did the Verizon commercials. I guess money is the route of all evil!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Pete the pup.

pete-sm.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Rafter said:
It's called over-exposure. I detest the once great JEJ, ever since he did the Verizon commercials. I guess money is the route of all evil!

I will admit to finding it a bit irksome when I hear rather well known actors snagging voice work which used to be a foot in the door to show business for some, but if you ever decide to forgive JEJ, I recommend either "A Family Thing" with Robert Duvall, or "Cry the Beloved Country" with Richard Harris. His performances are stellar, and if you're in the place for it, they'll warm your heart.

Has anybody mentioned Morgan Freeman? You have to love him! :D

Joie DeVive said:
I will admit to finding it a bit irksome when I hear rather well known actors snagging voice work which used to be a foot in the door to show business for some, but if you ever decide to forgive JEJ, I recommend either "A Family Thing" with Robert Duvall, or "Cry the Beloved Country" with Richard Harris. His performances are stellar, and if you're in the place for it, they'll warm your heart.

Has anybody mentioned Morgan Freeman? You have to love him! :D

Of course, sometimes an actor gets blackballed and has to take whatever gig he can get, especially with how petty modern Hollywood can be.

Another ditto on Freeman, I'd say he and JEJ are two of a kind though.

Rafter

Suspended
Absinthe_1900 said:
Pete the pup.
pete-sm.jpg

jamespowers said:
Petie! Sure. Now there was talent. :D

The entire "Our Gang"!
LILRASCALS.jpg

BTW, Stymie's trademark bowler was actually one of comedian Stan Laurel's hats which accounts for it's oversize.

Dickie Moore, second from the right, and next to Spanky, is the only survivor of this group and is married to Jane Powell!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rafter said:
The entire "Our Gang"!
LILRASCALS.jpg

BTW, Stymie's trademark bowler was actually one of comedian Stan Laurel's hats which accounts for it's oversize.

Dickie Moore, second from the right, and next to Spanky, is the only survivor of this group and is married to Jane Powell!
Jerry Tucker, third from the left, was still alive when I spoke to him and his wife in March. ;) I never knew that about Stan Laurel's hat. They were recycling even then!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Absinthe_1900 said:
Pete the pup.

pete-sm.jpg

Yes!!!! Pete the pup :D

and Rin-Tin-Tin, and Lassie and Taco Bell Dog, the little chihuahua :D Flipper the dolphin was a well liked actor too, and of course Skippy the kangaroo :eusa_clap

Of the human kind, everybody liked Clark Gable, and certainly Charlon Heston in all those biblical roles was well appreciated.
Ladies of the screen the one and only Marion Davies, eveybody lked her.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Not only that, but I am ashamed that I left him off my list of all time great character actors. Was not Casablanca enough? Or Mr. Skeffington?

Thanks for including him, love him in every role he played.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn