Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
RLK; Wow, you have some stunners and this one is my fav! I see this hat as being wearable in many situations and with diverse attire. I know you are "THE" hat historian and collector, but I see hats from my perspective as always starting from wearable. Your two hats are totally up my alley as wearable "Art" Fawcett creations. The moss green, straw combo is truly an enviable hat. I showed it to my wife and she thought it was "darling."

If you would you indulge my curiousities sir, how often and in what situations do you see yourself wearing the new felt fedora or even the felt/starw combo?

Congrats on the collaborative results that your pics show! They are marvelous.

Posted in admiration this morning, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Now that the crease is settling in, the time has come to present my newest VS hat:

ArtFawcett-Inger-ph1.jpg

Silver Mist felt, with a deep burgundy ribbon. The brim has an overwelt. I've called this hat The Inger, because it came in on the day my niece with the same name has been born.

Bantam; A stunning light colored fedora sir. Congrats. The ribbon color in the pic really pops. Very stylish.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Silvermist with wider ribbon
IMG_0970.jpg

I missed this earlier post - darn it.

GQ; That hat's dimensions really are working for you in the pic you posted. Congrats on the light colored felt. Marveous contrast with ribbon and felt - it gives the hat a sharp, dressed look. If you get an opportunity would you post up a pic of the hat in a bit more of a profile so as to showcase the ribbon and dimensions of the hat. I like what I see so far.

Congrats, Eric -

Last edited:

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
VS The Inger

Thanks for all the kind comments about my Silver Mist VS!

You are right about the perfectness of Art's welted brim. From above, it looks like a true Cavanagh Edge. And it just 'functions' like one. This hat is my first one from Art with a welt, and I am really glad with it. It adds to it.

Here's a quick pic of me wearing The Inger:

ArtFawcett-Inger-ph3-120422.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Panama preview

Allow me to share my anticipation - this high-count Montecristi (1500 wpsi range) is about to start the journey across the Atlantic.

Before flanging...

art.jpg

..and after the finish & trimming with a 13 ligne black ribbon:

image1.png
image2.png

BR Gordon

One Too Many
B Man, The Inger looks great on. Congratulations, I know that you'll enjoy wearing it.

Rabbit, I know that the anticipation must be killing you, but it will be worth the wait. I've got a 900 wpi from Art that is incredible, I can hardly imagine what a 1500 wpi feels like.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
B Man, The Inger looks great on. Congratulations, I know that you'll enjoy wearing it.

Rabbit, I know that the anticipation must be killing you, but it will be worth the wait. I've got a 900 wpi from Art that is incredible, I can hardly imagine what a 1500 wpi feels like.

Thanks, BR, I think I can handle it. :cool:
My other VS Montis are 600 and 750wpsi, and I have one 1120wpsi among my three vintage ones. I'll post some side-by-side shots once it arrives - in a couple of weeks, I guess.

It goes without saying that I'm absolutely thrilled by the prospect of owning and yes, actually wearing a Monti of this quality.

Last edited:

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Thank you Sir, but we need to thank The Wiser Hatter for it. Ed has agreed to work with me on new ideas & keeping it up to date.

I have a suggestion on the web site. I know that your older limited editions are sold out, but they still made great models for hats. My blue smoke Jazzman is one of my favorite hats (of course all of my VS hats are "one of my favorites"). I think it might be worthwhile to keep a gallery of the closed limited editions so customers can choose one of them as a model with their own variations. What do you think?

BTW, I have gotten an exceptionally large number of compliments on the Stendahl.

I have a suggestion on the web site. I know that your older limited editions are sold out, but they still made great models for hats. My blue smoke Jazzman is one of my favorite hats (of course all of my VS hats are "one of my favorites"). I think it might be worthwhile to keep a gallery of the closed limited editions so customers can choose one of them as a model with their own variations. What do you think?

BTW, I have gotten an exceptionally large number of compliments on the Stendahl.

That Stendahl is a great hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate

I agree Ed. We are putting together a section that will highlight clients hats in a more personal way in that we are taking pics off of this thread and creating another gallery entirely. That will showcase the models as well as some of our clients. It really IS helpful to see the hats on a person rather than just a glamour shot of the hat itself. Ed is working on getting permissions from everyone. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That will showcase the models as well as some of our clients. It really IS helpful to see the hats on a person rather than just a glamour shot of the hat itself.

+1 Art!

The hat on the head pics are the final push for me. It gves me the notion of how the hat would work for my everyday wearing desires. I say this with the disclaimer that I am a hat wearer and all of my hats must be able to take my normal day activities and travel needs. I can not wait!

Art, I bet seeing the hats, the pethora of grand hats being worn would give more folks courage to place that new order. In my case, I need a restraint section - something, perhaps, to slow my pursuit of Fawcett dream hats. ;);)

Best wishes on the endevour, Eric -

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I agree Ed. We are putting together a section that will highlight clients hats in a more personal way in that we are taking pics off of this thread and creating another gallery entirely. That will showcase the models as well as some of our clients. It really IS helpful to see the hats on a person rather than just a glamour shot of the hat itself. Ed is working on getting permissions from everyone. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Outstanding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails