Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I think Art hit it out of the park, Vito!

Whar head shot, whar??

Thank you Frunobulax!

Not sure why I got the sleepy eye going. LOL :)

Selfie2.png

Part 2

Love the pounce
View attachment 52293

Close up of the underwelt - I need to learn how to do this
View attachment 52294

Beautiful side profile
View attachment 52295

My first VS lid and I love it. I let Art do whatever he wanted on this. I wanted 100% Beaver and this color and then sent a picture of myself and said make something that will look good.
See my updated Avatar!!!!
Looks great, and looks great ON you, Kevin. Fantastic color as well. Art did a nice job for you, buddy.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Thank you all for the kind comments. Thanks Kevin, when someone tell s me " you decide" it is always a crap shoot as to whether the client will like my taste. Unusual combinations work for me but not for everyone so I can now breathe a sigh of relief.
BTW, the ribbon is dark teal from the 1940s

I do like the combinations. Had I dictated everything I definitely would not have come up with dark teal ribbon, I love the ribbon by the way. Awesome that it is from 1940s. Love the lid, thanks again Art.

RJR

VS Straws.

From top:

Semi-Colado Panama - maybe the best warm weather hat ever.

Dualist - the crown and ribbon was donated from my worst ever hat purchase; a Montecristi Panama from Optimo in Chicago.

Dualist - Art's Milan for the crown

Western style Milan

5910b0dc1c9bc128043e5f4b7c96b7c3.jpg

e8d01c1ed8030e0c310b24a15578405b.jpg
29f5e4dafebff27c84e20a61d54d6fbf.jpg
34a38a4802fb9b43706f89ca10ed8ccb.jpg
ffe31589a2cec32efeb83218c7ae6824.jpg
Those are beauties,congrats.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the VS bug has officially bitten me

I have been in talks with Art about a variation on his "crossover" that I have seen @johnnycanuck wearing ... gorgeous hat

two things I definitely want are a mid ribbon and the Art-lite felt

I am taking my time skimming the nearly 500 pages of this thread ... but thought in the mean time I would ask anyone who has either a Art-lite or a mid ribbon made by Art ... or both ... to post a pic to tickle my taste buds

very much enjoying my search through this thread ... but being that it has been around so long a good number of the pictures are now nothing more than dead codes ...

throw up some pics for your boy

looking forward to starting the VS process soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy