Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Delthayre said:
As was suggested, I would like to add some images of what I unofficially call, "The Sesquipedalian," to this thread for posterity.

Specifications
Felt: Black pure beaver
Ribbon: 22 ligne, dark steel grey
Edge binding: charcoal grey
Crown: 6" when open, center crease with side dents
Brim: Dimensionally cut to 3" front and back, 2 3/4" right and left
Liner: red

Side.jpg

Sesquipedalian-Front-Worn.jpg
Beautiful hat !!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

duggap

Banned
Big Man, I have that blue smoke of Arts and I like it very much. It is one of my most favorite hats. I would call it a medium to light medium grey. I find it easy to wear. Hope you like yours as much as I do mine. And yes they are habit forming. I am up to five now and plotting.:eusa_doh:

hipster

New in Town
2 from Art

I've been a member on this forum for just a very short time, and was so impressed by his work, ordered 2.

Just received word from Art they're on the way, and I expected them friday to monday.

#1, Sahara color statoliner design.
#2, Panama purchased from Art, black ribbon, similar shape, although I dont believe the crown is as high.

Next, Porkpie.
Ready for a 3rd, but havent even received the first 2.

I purchased these based of the forum.
Photos to follow as soon as they arrive.

univibe88

One Too Many
You guys are a bad influence. I spent most of the day yesterday reading this thread, drooling over the pictures and forumating a design in my mind. Well, I realized that buying the hat was a foregone conclusion, so why wait? I contacted Art and the wheels are in motion!

I'll certainly post some pictures when the long wait is over.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I have one VS hat from Art that I bought last summer. I've had another hat in my mind that I would like Art to make for me. Being a poor college student, I'm waiting for the right moment in which I can save up the funds for my next purchase. I figure it will happen one of these days; sooner or later.

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Moss Green Trackside

I know there are always questions about felt colors etc and I received a couple of PM's about Art's Moss Green looking darker and more brown on his felt strip sample card. If your monitor is calibrated (and if it isn't it should be) these shots will give you an accurate representation of what Moss Green looks like in person. Shot in natural light and color corrected to a gray card used in first shot.......

Moss Green Trackside:
2319374096_eeb1f6192c_o.jpg

2318563371_32151f487c_o.jpg

2318563609_8f3fa5852d_o.jpg

2319410018_3637e45fd2_o.jpg

2319373564_d2e269879d_o.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
B R A N D X® said:
Moss Green Trackside:
2319374096_eeb1f6192c_o.jpg

2318563371_32151f487c_o.jpg

2318563609_8f3fa5852d_o.jpg

Thank you for showing the TRUE beauty of Art Fawcett's Hats. Yes monitors and amateur photos don't do always justice to his hats. Unfortunately it is not only those monitors and photos...personal attacks on Art Fawcett don't make VS hats less incredible neither will they make the concurrent product higher in terms of sterling beaver grade or Montecristi weavecounts.

These photos DID JUSTICE to VS hats.

Thanks.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carldelo said:
Wow BrandX, that stack of 3 hats would just about set me up for life - amazing.

Yeah, you'd think so, but the problem is when you get something like that you only want more, not fewer. :eek:

Art, you need a royal (Kentucky) blue lining!

carldelo

One Too Many
Well

AlanC said:
Yeah, you'd think so, but the problem is when you get something like that you only want more, not fewer. :eek:

Art, you need a royal (Kentucky) blue lining!

I can stop at three - really I can....

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Hey Bigman I knew it!!lol A fireman dreaming of wearing blue!! lol lol lol :D :D

:D

Maybe if you cops would wear Carolina blue instead of Duke blue, those doughnut crumbs wouldn't show as bad. :eek:

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran