Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sierra 18

New in Town
Very good to know, many thanks friend!

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris,If you go to the German and Austrian Hat thread I think one of our members either works for them or has worked for them?(don't quote me though)His name is Mayserwegener if I'm not mistaken,I'm sure they will be able to answer your question there if you don't receive one here.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Jonny, you might consider contrasting ribbon/knot too. Here's a pix of mine with 3 shades of green:

P1100734.jpg
Mike, I actually was, just not sure which colors yet. I really like the look of yours, very classy!

sierra 18

New in Town
And as I look at a fedora for the winter, I'm also looking at a Borsalino Marco. I've read opinions to the effect that modern Borsas are not what the vintage ones were, that Borsalino hats are overpriced, etc. I've also read a number of positive reviews online by users who are likely more casual wearers and not connoisseurs. So, I would like to put the question out, are they generally a good hat, likely to last and wear well if treated properly?

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Hello, i am searching for the threads with pics of a Fed IV with different creases from the Indy-Films. Can someone help me and give me a link?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Hello, i am searching for the threads with pics of a Fed IV with different creases from the Indy-Films. Can someone help me and give me a link?

My friend, if you need info on the Indy hat, point your browser to Club Obi Wan at Indygear.org, or to Fortuneandglory.org

The folks there will be happy to help you out.

This might wet your whistle though:
Raiders.jpg

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
And as I look at a fedora for the winter, I'm also looking at a Borsalino Marco. I've read opinions to the effect that modern Borsas are not what the vintage ones were, that Borsalino hats are overpriced, etc. I've also read a number of positive reviews online by users who are likely more casual wearers and not connoisseurs. So, I would like to put the question out, are they generally a good hat, likely to last and wear well if treated properly?

I'm going to leave that question alone strictly for the fact that a lot of the folks here are far more experienced when it comes to hats and a lot of them don't like anything that isn't vintage.That's not just hats either,but I'm sure you'll find this out fairly soon by reading a few forums and posts.In my opinion Borsalinos are over priced as they seem to run on a reputation that was earned long ago.

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
My friend, if you need info on the Indy hat, point your browser to Club Obi Wan at Indygear.org, or to Fortuneandglory.org

The folks there will be happy to help you out.

Ouch, my english. I mean "with creases that differ from the indy-films!". So, other creases on a fedIV than an indy-crease.

I need photos from fed IV with other creases, like teardrop or diamond.

Last edited:

JonnyO

A-List Customer
I'll be traveling in about a week and was wondering how you guys fly with your hats. I would essentially like to bring 2 or 3 of them with me but can only obviously wear one on the plane. How do you guys pack your hats? I won't be able to have a suitcase of just hats.

I'll be traveling in about a week and was wondering how you guys fly with your hats. I would essentially like to bring 2 or 3 of them with me but can only obviously wear one on the plane. How do you guys pack your hats? I won't be able to have a suitcase of just hats.
I don't take a second hat unless I use a hat carrier. Usually, I just take the one I'm wearing.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Thank you for the input gt, ht, and hato, that is what I was afraid of but hoping for a better answer haha. I planned on bringing a black w/ white pinstripes and brown suit and have two hats to match them both but it looks like I will be going with just the brown now.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
JonnyO, I'm in the fortunate situation of having a "rollable" Borsalino so if I travel by air I roll that hat into its little box and wear another.

There is a post here somewhere (I only have my phone at the moment and not easy to search) by Al (Delectans) that goes into some detail of how he packs 2 or 3 hats for traveling. You might find his post in the Fedoras Afield thread, I think.

I traveled Boston to Florida and back on Jet Blue this past weekend. I decided to wear my VS dove felt on the trip down, and carried a semi-decent panama in a couple of cheap (free) plastic grocery bags. Getting on the plane (be sure to board as early as possible so you will have this option available) I gently placed one hat inside the other and put them on top of my rolled up jacket in the aft end of the overhead bin, so that the hat(s) can be visible to people loading. You may even wait to put the hat on top, so that it won't be mistreated by other passengers, but at least "stake your claim" to the space first. This way, in the back of the bin, when the plane was breaking upon landing and things shifted, my hats were not mashed, smashed, or mooshed. Worked fine in both directions.

tridentine

Suspended
Not to break the thread up, but does anyone know the time period when Stetson made the "Last Drop" liners.
From When till when?
Thank you.

Right David, still in use. Original ones were embroidered then went to silk screening.
I'm not sure there is one simple answer to your question because Stetson made a number of different versions of the Last Drop liner. I don't check out the modern hats but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't still being used.

If you want to read up on Stetson liners, this is the thread for you: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?32679-Dating-Vintage-Stetsons-by-Liner-A-Field-Guide

RBH

Bartender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland