Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
So I received my vintage Etchison Texan model fedora and it truly was in remarkable shape! Plus there was some cool history inside the box. That is until my dumb a$! Got a hold of it! Sadly as I tried it on the sweatband tore almost all the way across on one side :( It was a little snug but not bad and I was gentle with it. My question is can anything be done to patch this? Is it ok to still wear the hat even with the tear? Should I send it to Mike at NW hats or John Penman for a spiff and touch up?
Sorry to hear that Jer. I would have it professionally repaired.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Red! That is exactly what I'm hoping for :)
Same here. Mike has repaired or converted 4 hats for me now, in addition to the 2 customs. I want to send him about 8 more hats to fiddle with, but I'm afraid he'd do them all at once and then my rent would be late and then we'd get evicted and then MrsFed would find someone else and then.... well, you get the idea. :D

So I received my vintage Etchison Texan model fedora and it truly was in remarkable shape! Plus there was some cool history inside the box. That is until my dumb a$! Got a hold of it! Sadly as I tried it on the sweatband tore almost all the way across on one side :( It was a little snug but not bad and I was gentle with it. My question is can anything be done to patch this? Is it ok to still wear the hat even with the tear? Should I send it to Mike at NW hats or John Penman for a spiff and touch up?

Go slowly, Jeremy. Yes, eventually you'll want to have the sweat replaced, but it's probably fine for a little while as is. I have worn some pretty sad sweatbands for quite a while without any ill-effects. But that's me...

Today, I anticipate the return of three lids sent out for sweatband replacement.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I have a question (raises hand politely)

does anyone have a 1940s era Stetson hat box with insert that they are willing to part with ?

feel free to PM me

thanks

Bob, I was thinking you had a duplex made by Texas Hatters?

I do...

34973942020_1ec866c094_z.jpg

...but I really like this O'Farrell and it doesn't fit anyone around here. I was think of pairing it with a brown brim.

35194637652_7e696f48f9_z.jpg

I'm guessing that it can't be made to fit me, but I'll defer to those more in the know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran