Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
Picked up a vintage bowler the body is in perfect shape but the liner is just held in by the sweatband and the sweatband is loose. It also had some stuffing behind it probably to make it fit better that fell out. I want to reattach the liner and sweatband what do I hold them in with?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
And given a decent set of measurements/drawings/photos, or a model, I can make you one of your own. I've been experimenting on a couple here, over the summer (when the shop is warmer and I get better glue joints) I'll glue up a bunch of blocks to have on hand to play with.
Hey Jim I might get in touch with you in the future. Nice knowing you do this.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Anyone happen to have a 22 1/2" hat block in a dome or modified dome open crown with a 5.5" to 6.5" height, LO, they would loan me for three days in house. #151 or #152 open crown blocks would be prefect. Happy to pay priority postage both ways and some rent? I also have access to 100% beaver blanks if that helps sweeten the deal :) I am in South Western Idaho.

Looking to make Everett Hitch's classic hat for a buddy and don't have a block his size.
Thanks!

92e2ceb5ccb6dd73aebc2895ee65fcbf--vigo-mortensen-real-cowboys.jpg
If I remember correctly he carried a 10 Gauge didn't he? The pad on the shoulder of the jacket is a good idea with a 10 Gauge, although it looks thin for a pad. Probably more for slippage. :)

Yahoody

One Too Many
If I remember correctly he carried a 10 Gauge didn't he? The pad on the shoulder of the jacket is a good idea with a 10 Gauge, although it looks thin for a pad. Probably more for slippage. :)

In reality likely more to keep his jacket material from getting ripped apart at the shoulder by recoil and a steel but plate...although most were smooth some were checkered

Buddy I will be making the hat for also shoots a 10 gauge with black powder in SASS. Those big brass cases are pretty neat :)

Just Jim

A-List Customer
In the movie, he used an 8 gauge. I tried one out for an informal CAS-type match. Putting ten rounds through one as fast as possible while staying on target leaves you punch-drunk. On the bright side, once you get the barrels moving you can forget about having to remember to lead on a moving target.

Shells are nightmarishly expensive and hard to find, as are loading tools. Powder and shot for full-power loads add up pretty quick too.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
In reality likely more to keep his jacket material from getting ripped apart at the shoulder by recoil and a steel but plate...although most were smooth some were checkered

Buddy I will be making the hat for also shoots a 10 gauge with black powder in SASS. Those big brass cases are pretty neat :)
Yea you're probably right. That makes sense. I'm getting to a point where I like low recoil. :)

EstherWeis

Vendor
Does anyone know who made the fedoras for Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman?

They are some good looking hats. I especially like the blue one with the purple ribbon. Clever nod that.

The costumes were done by lindy Hemming. I looked a while back and found the maker. Jane ( I’ll be damned but I can’t remember her last name) she’s a hat designer that works for a lot of movies and tv shows.

Edit, got it!
http://www.janesmithhats.co.uk

Last edited:

RecycledMama

New in Town
Hey all, new around here. I stumbled upon this site looking for information in a Wright Mirakal fedora I picked up. I listed it in my eBay store for 74.99 and I hope to find out if I priced it right for both myself and the buyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great day!

Attachments

• 7BBDB3D6-6FED-41E4-A780-E53B11740B33.png
    7BBDB3D6-6FED-41E4-A780-E53B11740B33.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
In the movie, he used an 8 gauge. I tried one out for an informal CAS-type match. Putting ten rounds through one as fast as possible while staying on target leaves you punch-drunk. On the bright side, once you get the barrels moving you can forget about having to remember to lead on a moving target.

Shells are nightmarishly expensive and hard to find, as are loading tools. Powder and shot for full-power loads add up pretty quick too.
Was it an 8? I didn't remember that. Whoa, that would be a tough shooter.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Hey all, new around here. I stumbled upon this site looking for information in a Wright Mirakal fedora I picked up. I listed it in my eBay store for 74.99 and I hope to find out if I priced it right for both myself and the buyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all are having a great day!
I'm not familiar with them, but I'm sure someone on here is. Welcome.

Nathaniel Finley

A-List Customer
Swap it out, Nate! It has been my disappointing experience that those vintage sweats tend to degrade quickly under daily wear. If you want to keep it "nice," that's what I would recommend.
Thanks hatsR, that’s a good tip. I’m sure I won’t do it to this hat, but it’s good to bear in mind for future additions to my small collection.

indylion

New in Town
Got a few hats (vintage Borsalino) that need to be cleaned. Optimo Hat Co. will only clean hats they made for me. I'm looking for someone that's good in the Chicago area?

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner