Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mormonopoly,if all else fails,run masking tape around the inside if the sweatband.Mark where it intersects,remove it,lay it flat and measure.Pretty accurate.
Great suggestion! I would advise using low-tack tape though, so as not to damage the sweatbands just in case they're dehydrated.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
So I gots me a fat head, but I want one of Barry's 8 dart casquette caps. Do I go 10" or 11" crown. Does 10" just not look quite right?

Should I redirect this to the Cap Faction thread? I don't pop over here in the hat section much so pardon me if I'm coming off rude lol

RJR

You'll find caps may be worse than hats as far as "needing" one more.I have several of Barry'
Hat-Cap-Simonds Motorist 4.JPG

s and like them all.This is a motorist mode.
Simonds linen.JPG

The one that insists on being sideways is a linen.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
So I gots me a fat head, but I want one of Barry's 8 dart casquette caps. Do I go 10" or 11" crown. Does 10" just not look quite right?

Sir; Get a current pic of a cap on you head over to on of the bespoke cap makers. Ask the experts. In my experience they are best suited to answer the question. I have had one of the bespoke artisans re-work a cap that turned out very big and fluffy. He worked hard to have me happy. I am happy. Check out the posts on the Cap thread as a few of the posters are humans of the larger size. I can tell as I look "up" to them.

Best, Eric -

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Appreciate it, Eric! -Bret

(Barry recommended I stick with an 11", so that's what I'm going for. Figured he looks at these all day long, right? Haha)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've done biz with both and both are very good. Yes, as jlee said EA is less xpensive and Hats Direct usually has more inventory avaliable for immediate shipment. Only Hats Direct has the Federation model which is xtremely popular here on The Lounge.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The beaver brand hat previously in question has their old style liner, probably from around the 60s, but that doesn't necessarily mean the hat itself dates from that era. I don't wear my beaver brands much, and I do have an assortment of vintage 100% beaver, to modern, to liquidation.

Is anyone else having problems signing on to the TAPATALK app on an iPhone?

scraggs

New in Town
Hi everyone
I am new here and am looking for some advice.
I have always worn baseball caps for years and feel lost without one, but I fancy a change and see a hat on a TV program last night that I really like, the problem is, after spending ages trying to find what style it is I am lost.
The nearest I can find to it is a Barmah sundowner roo.
I wonder if anyone here would be kind enough to hazard a guess, I'm afraid these are the best grabs I could get.
Any help would be very appreciated.
full

full

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
The one that I own is called the Cummins Initial Machine. It is made by the J. B. Mast company and I believe they came in two different sizes. The smaller one was called the Cummins Junior Initial Machine. Some of my customers prefer that old school look of the perforated monogram.

I just won this Cummins Initial Machine on ebay. I will post some pictures once it arrives and I have tried it out on a sweatband. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141848146616

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner