Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've never felt disrespected by someone wearing a hat

seems like a whole lot of caring about a whole lot of nothing to me ... but I retain respect for those who feel disrespected by it

I take my hat off in restaurants and most places for that matter ... just the way I was brought up ... but if the guy at the next table is rockin' a top hat I wouldn't even think twice about it beyond admiring his style

EstherWeis

Vendor
You are right that there are morals that one should hold high. Absolutely.
As stated above, being respectful is very véry important in my book.
If people however take offence that I am wearing a hat inside while they forgot to wear something that resembles a pair of pants? No can do.
Even then, I'm not one to disrespect people based on their appearance.

My general rule is ; if I sit down I'll take off my hat.

I think what Anthony meant was ( or at least that's how I interpreted it ) don't hold on to the very strict rules that where used a long time ago. It's just that, so long ago. Many things have changed since then.
When you are comfortable walking around wearing your hat do it, if not take it off.
Don't think about what others are thinking.

For one thing, being an anal-retentive engineer-type, I like rules. I also believe that common mores and standards are good for a well-functioning society. There is no inherent virtue in only thinking of yourself and your needs when interacting with the public.

Having spent a great portion of my life enforcing those common mores and standards (laws), the majority of which are based on common sense, I couldn't agree with you more. I, as you do, like rules and have a full understanding of their necessity. Rules are just boundaries and without them there is no stopping point. Common sense just doesn't seem so common any more.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Having spent a great portion of my life enforcing those common mores and standards (laws), the majority of which are based on common sense, I couldn't agree with you more. I, as you do, like rules and have a full understanding of their necessity. Rules are just boundaries and without them there is no stopping point. Common sense just doesn't seem so common any more.
I used to like you.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering what hat out there today would be the best "Bogart" hat one could get? Looking for as close to style, color, crease etc... What is the best hat to get (on the market today) if you wanted that "Bogart" feel?
I hope Bogart had more then one hat.
Or at least a few hats in different styles...

I used to like you.

Yeah, I get that a lot.:cool: As one of my favorite members sig. line says, "I came here for the hats but I stay for the people." I came for the the boots but I stay for the same reasons.

How great is it that in this thread, as well as many others, discussions can go in so many different directions w/o someone getting out of sorts. Most of the time.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I get that a lot.:cool: As one of my favorite members sig. line says, "I came here for the hats but I stay for the people." I came for the the boots but I stay for the same reasons.

How great is it that in this thread, as well as many others, discussions can go in so many different directions w/o someone getting out of sorts. Most of the time.
Ditto bruh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou